The widow of slain Manawatu farmer Scott Guy says she may quit New Zealand because she doesn't feel safe.
In a letter to the Attorney-General asking for the man cleared of her husband's murder to serve six separate jail terms for crimes he has admitted, Kylee Guy says she fears for her safety once Ewen Macdonald is released.
Macdonald was cleared in July of murdering Mr Guy, who was shot in July 2010 in the driveway of his Feilding home, after a high-profile trial at the High Court in Wellington.
But he had earlier admitted six charges which relate to an arson, killing animals and dumping thousands of dollars worth of milk.
It was revealed during the murder trial that Macdonald admitted setting fire to the Guy family's old house in 2008, vandalising their new home in 2009 and poaching stags from a nearby farm.
Mrs Guy wants Macdonald to received cumulative sentences for his offending when he is sentenced on Friday.
"If the offender is granted a concurrent sentence it will not reflect the suffering he has caused to my family, neighbours and the community and will mean that he is able to escape the true gravity of his actions," she wrote.
In the letter, she also raises the prospect of leaving New Zealand with her children.
"I love New Zealand, I want it to remain my home, but with what has happened and what I fear could happen, I will live my life in fear for the safety of Hunter, Drover and myself. Once MacDonald is released my only choice to provide safety for my family is to move from New Zealand, away from the support of family and friends; how is this fair?"
More than $1 million of public money went into the investigation and unsuccessful prosecution of Mr Guy's killing, Fairfax reported.