* QUOTE OF THE ROUND: "You just cost us the game." - The snipe from Newcastle captain TRENT HODKINSON at referee David Munro that resulted in his sin-binning during Saturday's 24-18 defeat to South Sydney.
* MAN OF THE ROUND: MICHAEL GORDON scored two tries and came up with a try-saver at the death to pilot the Sydney Roosters to a dramatic 14-12 win over Penrith on Saturday.
* STAT THAT MATTERS: Canberra's win over the Wests Tigers means every team in the league has won a game inside the opening three rounds for the first time since 1973.
* MAGIC MOMENT: The successful return of champion Melbourne fullback Billy Slater from shoulder surgeries edges out captain Cameron Smith's sideline game-winner in their 14-12 victory over Brisbane on Thursday night.
* TALKING POINT: Brisbane are the latest club to come under fire for giving away penalties inside their 20m zone, reigniting calls for a five-minute sin bin.
* JUDICIARY WATCH: Broncos - Sam Thaiday (contrary conduct); Eels - Tepai Moeroa (shoulder charge); Rabbitohs - George Burgess (striking), Hymel Hunt (reckless high tackle); Braidon Burns (shoulder charge); Knights - Josh Starling (dangerous contact); Sea Eagles - Api Koroisau (dangerous throw).
* CASUALTY WARD: Storm - Cameron Munster (jaw), Suliasi Vunivalu (disrupted AC joint); Warriors - Manu Vatuvei (knee), Titans - William Zillman (calf), Dan Sarginson (knee), Tyrone Roberts (hamstring), Konrad Hurrell (leg, concussion); Eels - Kaysa Pritchard (ankle); Knights - Sione Mata'utia, Brendan Elliot (concussion); Panthers - James Fisher-Harris (fractured eye socket); Cowboys - Justin O'Neill (hamstring); Tigers - Chris Lawrence, Kevin Naiqama (concussion).
* UNDER PRESSURE: WARRIORS - The inclusions of Kieran Foran (shoulder) and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (concussion) can't come quick enough for a Warriors side who've lost their opening three games following Friday's 24-12 defeat to Canterbury.