News | Entertainment
23 Oct 2017 2:30
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Olympic Games
  • Ski Report
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Zayn Malik's fortune is less than the other members of One Direction

    The 24-year-old singer quit the chart-topping boyband in 2015 and went on to launch his own successful solo career but it has been revealed that leaving the band has cost him up to five £5 million.


    According to the Sunday Times Rich List, Zayn is worth £35 million, while his former bandmates; Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, are all worth £40 million each.

    The publication stated: "Because he missed the band’s last tour before their hiatus, we put Malik’s fortune a little lower than his former bandmates."

    Last year's list put Zayn's fortune at £30 million and the rest of One Direction at £33.

    Meanwhile, Niall remains confident One Direction will reunite in the future.

    While the group are currently are on a hiatus as they pursue their own solo projects, Niall is confident they'll eventually make more music together.

    He said: "It's been a year and a bit already. We don't want to put a time on it. But when that phone call does come, no matter whoever it comes from, we're back again.

    "At the minute it's exactly where it was six months ago - we're doing our own thing.

    "You know I'm going to probably end up touring [with his solo music], Harry will probably end up doing the same, probably Liam, probably Louis, that's a year - time adds up."

    Niall split from his mentor Simon Cowell when he embarked on his own solo career, but the star hopes he can maintain a good relationship with the music mogul.

    Asked if Simon hates him now, Niall said: "I hope not, please don't hate me.

    "I just felt like I wanted and needed a fresh start.

    "It's a long time to be at a label I wanted to broaden my horizons and try something new.

    "We both know that and when One Direction come back we'll still have albums left to do."

    © 2017 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     21 Oct: Tom Hanks has urged men to “pipe down” and allow women “to be heard” in the wake of the sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein
     21 Oct: Alex Rodriguez’s daughters are part of Jennifer Lopez’s “assistant team”
     21 Oct: Jimmy Fallon thinks becoming a father is the “greatest thing” that’s ever happened to him
     21 Oct: Miles Teller’s proposal to fiancée Keleigh Sperry was “perfect”
     21 Oct: Lindsay Lohan has claimed “no-one” cared when she accused her former fiancé Egor Tarabasov of abusing her
     21 Oct: Sofia Carson “admires” Selena Gomez and Zendaya
     21 Oct: Kate Hudson was “boy crazy” in her younger years
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Folau to miss Wallabies' end-of-year Tour More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Shares rise as weak dollar helps companies More...



     Today's News

    Motorsports:
    McLaughlin's Supercar gamble pays off 21:57

    Politics:
    Japan election: Shinzo Abe and his policies are unpopular, so why are voters set to stick with him? 21:47

    Golf:
    Ko finishes second in latest LPGA event 21:17

    Environment:
    Magnitude 5.4 quake near Kaikoura 18:57

    Education:
    New Zealand election: Students hope tertiary fees will be scaled back under Jacinda Ardern 18:37

    Rugby:
    Folau to miss Wallabies' end-of-year Tour 18:37

    Rugby League:
    No Kiwi return guarantee for Taumalolo 18:07

    International:
    'It's about bloody time': Period 'blood' shown in advertisement in effort to confront taboos 17:47

    Accident and Emergency:
    Drunk teen crashes car in Alexandra 17:27

    Health & Safety:
    NZ hospital spurns Ronald McDonald 16:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2017 New Zealand City Ltd