News | International
25 Nov 2017 22:27
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Olympic Games
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > International

    Kevin Spacey cut from Ridley Scott's All the Money in the World movie weeks before release

    Oscar-winning actor Christopher Plummer is reshooting all of Kevin Spacey's scenes in a movie due for release on December 22, as allegations of sexual misconduct against the House of Cards star continue to mount.


    Kevin Spacey is being cut from Ridley Scott's finished film All the Money in the World just over one month before it's supposed to hit theatres.

    News of the wholly unprecedented move came as former TV news anchor Heather Unruh accused Spacey of sexually assaulting her teenage son at a Nantucket restaurant last year, adding to mounting allegations of misconduct against the House of Cards actor.

    People close to Scott's production, who were not authorised to speak publicly, said Christopher Plummer was commencing reshoots immediately in the role of J Paul Getty to replace Spacey.

    All of Spacey's scenes will be reshot. Co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams are expected to participate.

    Scott, who is known to be an efficient director, is intending to keep the film's December 22 release date. The director's publicist Simon Halls has confirmed the switch.

    The film was originally set to have its world premiere at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles on November 16 but was pulled earlier this week amid the sexual harassment reports surrounding Spacey, who has also been fired from House of Cards and dropped by his talent agency and publicist.

    All the Money in the World was primed for a plush awards season release from distributor Sony Pictures Entertainment and its advertising campaign, which prominently features Spacey, has been public for about a month already.

    But its plans have been in question since Spacey's reputation has diminished over the past week with harassment allegations growing daily.

    The film chronicles the events surrounding the kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III and his mother's attempt to convince J Paul Getty, his billionaire grandfather, to pay the ransom.

    The 87-year-old Plummer was reportedly Scott's first choice for the role of J Paul Getty, but the director was pressured into casting a bigger name.

    Plummer is probably best known for The Sound of Music.

    He won his first Oscar in 2012 for the film Beginners.

    One of the people close to the production said that Scott's plan caught Sony by surprise, but the studio is supporting the switch.

    AP

    © 2017 ABC Australian Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved


     Other International News
     25 Nov: Donald Trump and Time magazine dispute Person of the Year plans
     25 Nov: NZ condemns terrorist attack in Egypt
     25 Nov: AFP experts enhance footage of suspects in Indonesian acid attack on Novel Baswedan
     25 Nov: Jakarta is a city of smokers, but its vape bars are under threat of government crackdown
     25 Nov: How a love of sailing helped Einstein explain the universe
     25 Nov: Kim Kardashian, Rihanna throw support behind jailed teen Cyntoia Brown
     24 Nov: Rohingya refugees weigh people smuggler offers rather than return to Myanmar
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Simplicity key to last Test win: Whitelock More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Source of foul smell in Auckland revealed More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Mariners thump Phoenix to end winless run 21:56

    Motorsports:
    McLaughlin in box seat for Supercars title 21:46

    International:
    Donald Trump and Time magazine dispute Person of the Year plans 21:26

    Auckland:
    Car crashes near diners at restaurant 21:17

    Cricket:
    West Indies in the runs in tour opener 19:16

    Politics:
    Tamaki defies critics at Auckland rally 18:36

    International:
    NZ condemns terrorist attack in Egypt 18:06

    Politics:
    Outside team to report to Govt on housing 17:26

    Education:
    Kiwi students physically restrained 16:56

    Entertainment:
    Noel Gallagher has dismissed his brother Liam as his "former tambourine player" 16:50


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2017 New Zealand City Ltd