A person and a dog have been rescued from a burning bedroom at a property in Tokoroa.
Fire and Emergency NZ were called to a fire at a property in John Street on Friday evening, a spokesman said.
The fire was well involved in a bedroom of the property when firefighters arrived.
They rescued a person and a dog from the burning room.
St John ambulance said one person was critically injured and they were taken to Waikato Hospital.
The Fire and Emergency NZ spokesman said the dog was looked after by firefighters and was taken to a vet for treatment.