Three Putaruru family members who fell gravely ill after eating wild boar do not appear to have botulism, according to initial tests.
The trio from the south Waikato town - Shibu Kochummen, his wife Subi Babu and his mother Alekutty Daniel - were found by paramedics lying unconscious in their home in November after Mr Kochummen collapsed midway through making an emergency call for help.
They spent weeks in Waikato Hospital, recovering.
In a statement released on Friday, Waikato DHB said so far there had been no positive results for botulism, or for accidental poisoning from 1080 pellets, from tests of the patients or food samples found at the scene.
"Investigations are ongoing, but there has been no evidence of any public health threat," Medical Officer of Health Richard Vipond says.
"There is also no evidence that the family's illness was caused by the pork they consumed. It is great news that the family continue to recover."
Dr Vipond said it was important to follow good food safety guidelines during the warmer months, including good hand washing and the three Cs - cook, clean, chill - to prevent illness.