A year-five student in New Mexico has unknowingly shared marijuana edibles with classmates, thinking they were lollies.
The student at Albuquerque School of Excellence in the United States mistook her relative's marijuana edibles for gummy lollies and shared them with friends, local media reported.
But it was not long before she realised they were not your average gummies.
"I started feeling really dizzy," the nine-year-old told KRQE News.
"I felt like the room was going to flip to the side."
The box of gummies was shared between three other children, who each ate one.
The student who brought the edibles to school ate three of them.
She then started acting differently and became giggly and dizzy, the school's principal Ebubekir Orsun told ABC News (America).
"We noticed the student who initially brought the edible to our school was acting strange. She started saying she couldn't see," dean of elementary students Kristy Del Curto said.
A teacher alerted the school nurse because paramedics and police were called.
Dr Barry Ramo told KOAT News the edibles can be more potent than regular marijuana.
"It's very important to keep these away from children. They taste good, they often look like candy and kids are really seduced by them," he said.
The school took to social media to address the incident.
"We would like to remind all students and parents to be cautious about food/drink sharing," the school wrote on Facebook.
The school hoped the media attention would allow the message to reach more families.
"We would like our community to be alert with drugs and any edibles that may or could be in different formats," the school said.
"We kindly ask our parents and community members not to talk explicitly about drugs/medicine when students are present (unintentionally to tempt or encourage students to use drugs)."