News | Entertainment
19 Sep 2018 19:28
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Gary Barlow is "really looking forward" to touring as a solo artist once again

    The 46-year-old singer-songwriter is set to perform a series of intimate solo gigs in 2018, starting in Edinburgh in April, and Gary is relishing the prospect of taking to the stage without his Take That bandmates, Howard Donald and Mark Owen.


    Looking forward to the 33-date tour, Gary - who revealed he won't be releasing a new album - told The Sun newspaper: "I had a lot of fun in

    2013 when I played those smaller venues because you're so much closer to the fans.

    "I'm also really looking forward to playing in a couple of cities I've never played before, as well as getting a chance to meet the fans there."

    Confirmation of Gary's solo tour comes shortly after he revealed the band have held talks with Hollywood movie bosses about the possibility of turning their musical, 'The Band', into a film.

    The show has been warmly received by fans of the British group, and Gary admitted a movie version of the production could soon become a reality.

    He previously shared: "They came to previews of the show the other day. It's a possibility. We have never been involved in a film before

    - it would be a first."

    'The Band', which opened to critical acclaim at Manchester Opera House, tells the story of a group of boyband fans over the decades.

    The show has already achieved the honour of becoming the fastest-selling musical of recent history, after tickets went on sale in April.

    And Gary - who serves alongside Howard and Mark as an ex ecutive producer on the musical - revealed the production could eventually end up on Broadway in New York.

    The 46-year-old star said: "We never broke America as a band and it would be unthinkable, really. This show deserves a big stage.

    "We would love to take it to the West End and then maybe Broadway."

    © 2018 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     19 Sep: Binky Felstead and Josh 'JP' Patterson have reportedly split up
     19 Sep: Peter Andre is trying to "protect" his children and keep them away from "negativity"
     19 Sep: Tom Arnold got into a fight at a pre-Emmy Awards party on Sunday (16.09.18)
     19 Sep: The Duchess of Sussex has helped launch a cookbook to support a community kitchen for the survivors of the Grenfell fire
     19 Sep: Chrissy Teigen has been "living a lie"
     19 Sep: Kerry Katona got her daughters' names tattooed on her wrists to stop herself from copying her mother's self-harming
     19 Sep: Denise Van Outen cried for three days when she had to pull out of appearing in 'Chicago' due to a stress fracture in her heel
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Springboks win over the All Blacks in Wellington has had an immediate impact on ticket sales in the Republic More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Commerce Commission has opened an investigation into Vodafone's "unlimited" mobile plan More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Binky Felstead and Josh 'JP' Patterson have reportedly split up 19:19

    Cricket:
    World-class cricketer Amelia Kerr thinks the sport has come a long way in terms of equal pay 18:57

    Entertainment:
    Peter Andre is trying to "protect" his children and keep them away from "negativity" 18:49

    Technology:
    Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro slammed for lavish Salt Bae dinner as country starves 18:37

    Education:
    An Educational Institute survey has foundsick primary teachers turning up to school is a widespread issue 18:37

    Entertainment:
    Tom Arnold got into a fight at a pre-Emmy Awards party on Sunday (16.09.18) 18:19

    Education:
    Overloaded buses and late students are plaguing one Wellington high school 18:07

    Entertainment:
    The Duchess of Sussex has helped launch a cookbook to support a community kitchen for the survivors of the Grenfell fire 17:49

    Soccer:
    The Wellington Phoenix's second bid to bring an African star to the A-League club has fallen flat 17:27

    Entertainment:
    Chrissy Teigen has been "living a lie" 17:19


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2018 New Zealand City Ltd