News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2020 13:12
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Thomas Markle doesn't think he'll see his daughter Meghan, Duchess of Sussex ever again

    The retired lighting director hasn't had contact with the former 'Suits' actress since before she married Prince Harry - the father of her eight-month-old son Archie - almost two years ago and he doesn't think that will change until he is "lowered into the ground"


    He said: "I don't think at this point they're thrilled to see me or want to talk to me. The last time they might see me is being lowered into the ground."

    Thomas, 75, claims to have sent letters and texts to the couple that went unanswered and he only found out they were expecting a baby after hearing a news bulletin.

    Speaking on Channel 5 documentary 'Thomas Markle: My Story' - which will air at 9pm on Wednesday (22.01.20) - he said: "I was sitting in my car waiting to cross the border and I heard the good news from the royals is that Meghan is pregnant.

    "Which is almost a joke when you tell people, well you heard it on the radio. This is my daughter, talking about my grandchild. She's going to have a grandchild that's mine.

    "I'm not hearing about it on the phone, I'm hearing about it on the radio."

    Meghan and Harry recently announced they are stepping back from royal life and Thomas slammed the decision as "embarrassing".

    He said: "They are turning it [the Royal Family] into a Walmart with a crown on.

    "Every young girl wants to become a princess and she got that and now she's tossing that away... it looks like she's tossing that away for money.

    "Apparently $3 million and a 26-room home isn't enough for them... it is kind of embarrassing to me."

    Thomas went on to accuse his daughter and son-in-law of saying "trashy things" about him and admitted he no longer cares about what they think about him speaking out.

    He said: "I don't care. At this point, they owe me. The Royals owe me. Harry owes me, Meghan owes me. What I've been through I should be rewarded for. My daughter told me that when I reach my senior years she'll take care of me. I'm in my senior years now, it's time to look after daddy."

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Cameron Douglas says late grandfather Kirk is a "hard" act to follow
     17 Feb: Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev already know their unborn baby's gender
     17 Feb: Kelly Brooke’s £3 million London home has been burgled
     17 Feb: Jane Fonda says the "climate crisis" is "hanging over every single aspect" of people's lives
     17 Feb: Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvinstev can't agree on any baby names
     17 Feb: Serena Williams’ “heroes” are mothers
     17 Feb: Amber Rose has debuted two new tattoos in dedication of her sons - which are etched on her forehead
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A boost for the Blues ahead of their Super Rugby trip to South Africa More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A key KiwiSaver figure who oversees hardship claims is playing down the significance of last year's record number of claims More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    We don't need face masks for coronavirus. But there are other ways to protect ourselves 13:07

    Golf:
    Australian Adam Scott is back in the PGA Tour winners circle for the first time in three years 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Cameron Douglas says late grandfather Kirk is a "hard" act to follow 12:59

    Motoring:
    Joshua Cheptegei smashes 5km world record with insane 12:51 in Monaco wearing Nike Vaporfly shoes 12:57

    Cricket:
    Spinner Ajaz Patel has ousted Mitchell Santner, pace bowler Kyle Jamieson gets the nod over Matt Henry, and Daryl Mitchell earns the back-up all-rounder berth in New Zealand's 13-man squad to play the two cricket tests against India 12:47

    Entertainment:
    Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev already know their unborn baby's gender 12:29

    Entertainment:
    Kelly Brooke’s £3 million London home has been burgled 11:59

    Rugby:
    A boost for the Blues ahead of their Super Rugby trip to South Africa 11:57

    Law and Order:
    Woman posing as photographer drugged mother in order to kidnap baby, police allege 11:47

    International:
    World Health Organisation division tackling coronavirus underfunded and facing internal corruption allegations, audits reveal 11:37


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd