News | Entertainment
6 Apr 2020 17:11
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex recently met professors and academics as they look towards building their new charity

    The 35-year-old prince and Meghan, 38, are creating a new charitable organisation after stepping back as senior members of the royal family, and as part of their long-term plans, the couple visited leading academics at Stanford University on Tuesday (11.02.20), according to 'Today'


    The couple - who have a nine-month-old son called Archie - indicated in January that they plan to start a new foundation, after opting to relocate to North America.

    Their recent visit to Stanford was designed to help them establish how they can best use their resources and influence.

    They wrote in a statement earlier this year: "This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity."

    Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan are reportedly set to axe 15 members of their UK staff.

    The decision to close their office in Buckingham Palace comes amid speculation they plan to spend the majority of their time in North America.

    A source said: "Given their decision to step back, an office at Buckingham Palace is no longer needed.

    "While the details are still being finalised and efforts are being made to redeploy people within the royal household, unfortunately there will be some redundancies."

    Despite their disappointment, Prince Harry's UK staff reportedly respect his decision to relocate to North America.

    The royal insider added: "The Duke and Duchess have a small team, less than 15 people. The team are very loyal to the Sussexes and understand and respect the decision they have taken.

    "They are all close and supporting each other. The team are busy helping to set their Royal Highnesses up for the future and working on a series of final engagements."

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     06 Apr: Nikki Bella isn’t sure if she’ll take Artem Chigvintsev’s surname when they marry
     06 Apr: Sarah Hyland discussed marriage with Wells Adams “four days after” they started dating
     05 Apr: Heidi Klum’s daughter wants to follow in her footsteps
     05 Apr: Kendall Jenner doesn’t think Kourtney Kardashian has “dealt with” her split from Scott Disick
     05 Apr: Brie Bella felt “pressured” into having a second child
     05 Apr: Diplo finds Charli XCX “so exciting”
     05 Apr: Val Kilmer says his split from Daryl Hannah was the “most painful” breakup he’s ever endured
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Israel Folau could be out of pocket if Rugby Australia are forced into insolvency More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    TradeMe is introducing new measures to continue business during Lockdown More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    Iconic former New Zealand cricketer Jock Edwards has died 17:07

    Business:
    TradeMe is introducing new measures to continue business during Lockdown 16:17

    Rugby League:
    Aussie Rules is the latest sport to consider quarantining all its teams in a bid to restart the 2020 season 15:27

    Business:
    Research is clocking a price rise in many essential goods 14:57

    Netball:
    The Tactix may not be the last team Netball New Zealand has to rescue 14:27

    Health & Safety:
    A shout out today to those who may be feeling unwell to seek help 14:07

    Business:
    Coronavirus distancing measures lifted as Cyclone Harold lashes Vanuatu 13:57

    Rugby League:
    Queensland coach Kevin Walters has dismissed Brad Fittler's call for State of Origin eligibility to be relaxed this year so Tongans can play 13:47

    Rugby League:
    Premier League footballers are being asked to take a coronavirus pay cut, but should they? 13:27

    Environment:
    A relief from sprinklers and hose restrictions in Napier 13:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd