News | Entertainment
30 May 2020 21:06
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have arranged "privately-funded security" while living in Los Angeles

    The couple had been living in Canada with their 10-month-old son Archie since stepping back from royal life earlier this year but recently relocated to California before the borders closed due to the coronavirus pandemic


    And after US President Donald Trump insisted American taxpayers wouldn't foot the bill for their security arrangements following their move, Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan have it back and insisted they don't need any assistance with the costs.

    Their spokesperson said: "The Duke and Duchess have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made."

    It is not currently known what arrangements have been put in place.

    The response came after the president took to Twitter insisting Harry and Meghan "must pay" for their own bodyguards after leaving Vancouver, where Canadian police had been helping with their security detail.

    He posted: "I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!(sic)"

    It is estimated that the couple's security costs - which includes nine highly-skilled British officers - come in at up to £8 million a year, and has been covered by British taxpayers through the Metropolitan Police budget.

    While in Canada, Harry and Meghan also received support from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

    It was claimed last week that Harry and Meghan are living in a secluded compound and haven't yet ventured out due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    The family's new location brings them closer to the 38-year-old duchess' mother, Doria Ragland, who lives in the city, as well as a number of friends.

    The news of the move came after it was previously revealed the duke and duchess had been "looking at houses in LA."

    A source previously said: "Harry is looking straight ahead at his future with his family. They will be spending time in California...He's not looking back."

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     30 May: John Krasinski sold 'Some Good News' because he knew his involvement "wouldn't be sustainable"
     30 May: Justin and Hailey Bieber are threatening legal against a cosmetic surgeon over claims he made about the model
     30 May: Jimmy Fallon has apologised for wearing "blackface" during a 'Saturday Night Live' skit two decades ago
     30 May: Billie Eilish has hit back at bodyshamers with a new short film
     30 May: Richard Herd has died aged 87
     30 May: Simon Cowell refuses to watch the news at home during the coronavirus pandemic
     30 May: James Arthur wants to shed two stone after "stuffing his face" with fake sausage sandwiches and cake during lockdown
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Kiwi golfer Ryan Fox admits no crowds will need a bit of getting use to when he hits the professional course in two months More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Despite the rain in Auckland over the past week, the city's dams are still only 43 per cent full More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    John Krasinski sold 'Some Good News' because he knew his involvement "wouldn't be sustainable" 21:02

    Entertainment:
    Justin and Hailey Bieber are threatening legal against a cosmetic surgeon over claims he made about the model 20:32

    Entertainment:
    Jimmy Fallon has apologised for wearing "blackface" during a 'Saturday Night Live' skit two decades ago 20:02

    Entertainment:
    Billie Eilish has hit back at bodyshamers with a new short film 19:32

    Entertainment:
    Richard Herd has died aged 87 19:02

    Law and Order:
    A 28-year-old man reported missing from central Dunedin has been found safe and well 18:57

    Law and Order:
    The "devastated" wife of the police officer arrested and charged over George Floyd's Minneapolis death has publicly announced that she is leaving him immediately 18:37

    Rugby League:
    Two months of hell behind them, and the Warriors have produced 40 minutes of quality footy 18:37

    Entertainment:
    Simon Cowell refuses to watch the news at home during the coronavirus pandemic 18:32

    Rugby:
    Kiwi golfer Ryan Fox admits no crowds will need a bit of getting use to when he hits the professional course in two months 18:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd