News | Entertainment
27 May 2020 14:32
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Charles is now out of self isolation after he tested positive for coronavirus

    The 71-year-old royal - who is heir to the British throne after his mother Queen Elizabeth II - was confirmed to have tested positive for the potentially deadly respiratory illness last week, but in an update from Clarence House it has been revealed that Charles has completed a seven-day isolation period and is making a strong recovery


    A statement released on Monday (30.03.20) read: "Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation."

    The statement continued to say that the prince is in "good health" and is "operating under the current standard government and medical restrictions that apply nationwide".

    The UK government has told citizens that if they display any symptoms of the disease that they must isolate for seven days.

    Prince Charles' wife 72-year-old Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, must stay in isolation for 14 days in accordance with guidelines for family members who have been in contact with somebody infected but have not developed symptoms themselves.

    Charles is believed to have developed minor symptoms two weekends ago while he was at Highgrove House in Gloucester and he flew privately to Scotland where he receieved an NHS test which confirmed that he was carrying coronavirus.

    A Clarence House spokesperson previously said: "He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

    "The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice.

    "The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

    "It is not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     27 May: Alana Haim is desperate to hug her parents
     27 May: Ozzy Osbourne is obsessed with UFOs
     27 May: Ariana Grande is still suffering with PTSD three years after the Manchester bombing
     27 May: The original cast of 'Matilda The Musical' have reunited for charity
     27 May: Princess Beatrice is quarantining with her fiance and future mother-in-law
     27 May: Sharon Osbourne was "fat-shamed" by her brother
     27 May: Kelly Clarkson is selling her $10 million Los Angeles mansion
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    An unofficial Rugby World Cup is being proposed next year, with claims it could raise up to 500 million dollars for a financially beleaguered game More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Reserve Bank Governor says banks have a critical role in financial recovery after COVID-19 More...



     Today's News

    Accident and Emergency:
    Missing trampers Dion Reynolds and Jessica O'Connor have been found alive nearly two weeks after they were supposed to leave Tasman's Kahurangi National Park 14:27

    Wellington:
    A train has struck a pedestrian in the Wellington suburb of Tawa 14:07

    Entertainment:
    Alana Haim is desperate to hug her parents 14:02

    Soccer:
    Minimising injuries is front of mind as our club footballers return to the grass 13:47

    Entertainment:
    Ozzy Osbourne is obsessed with UFOs 13:32

    Law and Order:
    A North Canterbury arsonist has escaped a fine for setting a pile of 400 thousand tyres alight in 2018 13:27

    Law and Order:
    Police are responding to a firearms incident in Kawerau - in the Eastern Bay of Plenty 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Ariana Grande is still suffering with PTSD three years after the Manchester bombing 13:02

    Business:
    The Reserve Bank Governor says banks have a critical role in financial recovery after COVID-19 12:57

    Entertainment:
    The original cast of 'Matilda The Musical' have reunited for charity 12:32


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd