News | Entertainment
22 Sep 2020 1:16
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Ellen DeGeneres' brother Vance claims she is "being viciously attacked"

    The 62-year-old television star's older sibling has described his sister as a "bright light in a dark world" and hit back against allegations that staff were subjected to a "toxic work environment"


    Producers on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' have been accused of bullying by several former employees, as well as sexual misconduct claims being placed against two of the show's top ex ecutives Whilst Ellen was not accused of any wrongdoing in the allegations, she sent a letter of apology to her staff last week over their experiences.

    Now, her 65-year-old brother has tweeted: "If you think Ellen would knowingly allow bullying or racism on her show, you don't know my sister.

    "She has been and continues to be a bright light in a dark world. She's one of the kindest, most generous people you'll ever meet. And one of the funniest."

    Vance also took to Facebook to address the recent events as he described it as "bulls***".

    He wrote: "Ok, I need to say something. My sister is being viciously attacked. And let me assure you - it is all bulls***.

    "I put up a simple statement yesterday that said 'I stand by Ellen.' Only a handful of my Facebook 'friends' responded to it.

    "If you don't support Ellen, then you don't support me, so please unfriend. I'm suck and tired of my sister being attacked. She always has - and always will - stand against bullying of any kind.

    "She's a smart, strong woman who has made a positive difference in the world. And to my friends who did respond with support for Ellen and my family, thank you so much. It means a lot."

    letter of apology to her staff last week over their experiences.

    Speculation had been rife that the 62-year-old host could be replaced on the programme due to the scandal but now a production source has told TODAY that "no one is stepping in or taking over".

    It has also been confirmed that an internal probe by Warner Media is currently taking place and involves a third-party firm.

    Series staff - comprised of 150 people - returned remotely to work after the summer hiatus on Monday (03.08.20) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, show spokesperson Melissa Little Padgitt confirmed.

    A spokesperson for Ellen insists 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' - which is produced by Telepictures - is scheduled to return on September 9 and spin-off programme 'Ellen's Game of Games' will begin shooting in the studio on August 24.

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     21 Sep: Nick Jonas feared he would be a "washed-up has-been at 21" when the Jonas Brothers decided to break up in 2013
     21 Sep: Kim Kardashian West feels "very powerless" amidst her husband Kanye West's bizarre Twitter rants and worrying behavior
     21 Sep: Neil Patrick Harris insists coronavirus is "no joke" after his family caught it and recovered from it earlier this year
     21 Sep: Paris Hilton feels "responsible" for the world's addiction with social media
     21 Sep: Maisie Williams has always felt like an "outsider" in the acting industry
     21 Sep: Alyssa Milano is still struggling with "lingering effects" on her body from her coronavirus health battle earlier this year
     21 Sep: Chrishell Stause is "looking forward" to finding love again
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    And there's smiles in the All Blacks camp too with the adjustment in alert levels More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    National's Finance spokesman Paul Goldsmith still feels his job is safe after making a four billion dollar blunder to an economic plan More...



     Today's News

    Auckland:
    Auckland Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal motorcycle crash about 8.30 last Friday night 23:17

    Politics:
    The Maori Party is pledging to start cancer screening 10 years earlier for Maori 23:17

    Entertainment:
    Nick Jonas feared he would be a "washed-up has-been at 21" when the Jonas Brothers decided to break up in 2013 21:57

    Politics:
    ACT wants to let SOME overseas visitors in to help tourism thrive in this Covid world 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Kim Kardashian West feels "very powerless" amidst her husband Kanye West's bizarre Twitter rants and worrying behavior 21:27

    Living & Travel:
    A solution for travel to and from Auckland's North Shore while the Harbour Bridge is broken 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Neil Patrick Harris insists coronavirus is "no joke" after his family caught it and recovered from it earlier this year 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton feels "responsible" for the world's addiction with social media 20:27

    Entertainment:
    Maisie Williams has always felt like an "outsider" in the acting industry 19:57

    Entertainment:
    Alyssa Milano is still struggling with "lingering effects" on her body from her coronavirus health battle earlier this year 19:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd