News | Entertainment
16 Apr 2021 13:33
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Tory Lanez has been banned from speaking about his assault case against Megan Thee Stallion

    The 'Say It' rapper - who has previously pleaded not guilty to shooting the 'Savage' hitmaker - filed a motion last month asking for an amendment to a protective order surrounding the case because he wasn't allowed to speak publicly about the dispute, but a judge has ruled that the order must stay in place as it is


    His lawyer, Shawn Holley, said in a statement: "We are simply seeking a fair proceeding, which is difficult when Ms. Peterson and her lawyer are able to speak about the evidence in the case, yet we are unable to refute their public statements because of the protective order."

    During the hearing at the Superior Court of California in Los Angeles on Thursday (25.02.21), the lawyer argued the protective order was "unfair" because it doesn't apply to Megan.

    And a source told 'Entertainment Tonight' that the judge expressed the case is "way more complicated than he imagined."

    The next hearing in the case is scheduled for 25 March.

    When Tory's team filed their request for an amendment, they argued the order was "significantly prejudicial" to the 'Feels' rapper - whose real name is Daystar Peterson - and "jeopardises his right to a fair and judicial proceeding" as Megan is allowed to speak out because she's not subjected to the terms of the protective order.

    Tory previously pleaded not guilty to shooting Megan after he was charged with one count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

    A spokesperson from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office confirmed back in November that Tory had entered his plea through his attorney but did not attend himself

    Tory previously insisted he's still friends with Megan - despite allegations he shot her.

    The 28-year-old star said: "For the last three months of my life, I’ve been in this place where I’ve been bashed, I’ve been cut through - just people every single day just coming at me, coming at me, coming at me. It’s crazy because the whole thing about it is - when this whole debacle, or whatever you call it, came about, the whole time was like ...

    "She knows what happened, I know what happened, we know that what you’re saying and what the alleged things and the alleged accusations of my name is are not true. It’s falsified information and it’s not accurate information. I don’t ever wanna come off like I’m here to bash this girl or I’m here to talk down about this girl or ever be at a place where, like, I’m disrespecting her, because to me, as a person, she’s still my friend. No matter what."

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     16 Apr: Chet Hanks' ex-girlfriend is suing him for $1 million
     16 Apr: Queen Elizabeth won't be able to sit with her family at Prince Philip's funeral
     16 Apr: Dame Helen Mirren was sexually harassed "almost on a daily basis"
     16 Apr: Catherine Zeta-Jones' children are "passionate" about acting
     16 Apr: Kerry Katona believes she has a “guardian angel”
     16 Apr: Queen Elizabeth returned to work just four days after the death of Prince Philip
     16 Apr: Tan France is to be a father for the first time
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ex-All Blacks wing Julian Savea has extended his second stint with the Hurricanes More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Good news for those wanting a career change More...



     Today's News

    Wellington:
    Emergency services are responding to a house fire in the Wellington suburb of Tawa 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Chet Hanks' ex-girlfriend is suing him for $1 million 13:24

    Athletics:
    New Zealand's first portion of athletes to represent the silver fern at the Tokyo Olympics have been conditionally selected 13:06

    Business:
    Good news for those wanting a career change 13:06

    Entertainment:
    Queen Elizabeth won't be able to sit with her family at Prince Philip's funeral 12:54

    Entertainment:
    Dame Helen Mirren was sexually harassed "almost on a daily basis" 12:24

    Business:
    Auckland's Heart of the City boss wants a crackdown on violent crime ... around the country 11:56

    Law and Order:
    Two people have been sent to prison for a fatal attack in which a man was stabbed in the chest, chased down the street, and stomped on 11:56

    Entertainment:
    Catherine Zeta-Jones' children are "passionate" about acting 11:54

    Entertainment:
    Kerry Katona believes she has a “guardian angel” 11:24


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd