News | Entertainment
12 Apr 2021 14:54
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Tory Lanez has been banned from speaking about his assault case against Megan Thee Stallion

    The 'Say It' rapper - who has previously pleaded not guilty to shooting the 'Savage' hitmaker - filed a motion last month asking for an amendment to a protective order surrounding the case because he wasn't allowed to speak publicly about the dispute, but a judge has ruled that the order must stay in place as it is


    His lawyer, Shawn Holley, said in a statement: "We are simply seeking a fair proceeding, which is difficult when Ms. Peterson and her lawyer are able to speak about the evidence in the case, yet we are unable to refute their public statements because of the protective order."

    During the hearing at the Superior Court of California in Los Angeles on Thursday (25.02.21), the lawyer argued the protective order was "unfair" because it doesn't apply to Megan.

    And a source told 'Entertainment Tonight' that the judge expressed the case is "way more complicated than he imagined."

    The next hearing in the case is scheduled for 25 March.

    When Tory's team filed their request for an amendment, they argued the order was "significantly prejudicial" to the 'Feels' rapper - whose real name is Daystar Peterson - and "jeopardises his right to a fair and judicial proceeding" as Megan is allowed to speak out because she's not subjected to the terms of the protective order.

    Tory previously pleaded not guilty to shooting Megan after he was charged with one count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

    A spokesperson from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office confirmed back in November that Tory had entered his plea through his attorney but did not attend himself

    Tory previously insisted he's still friends with Megan - despite allegations he shot her.

    The 28-year-old star said: "For the last three months of my life, I’ve been in this place where I’ve been bashed, I’ve been cut through - just people every single day just coming at me, coming at me, coming at me. It’s crazy because the whole thing about it is - when this whole debacle, or whatever you call it, came about, the whole time was like ...

    "She knows what happened, I know what happened, we know that what you’re saying and what the alleged things and the alleged accusations of my name is are not true. It’s falsified information and it’s not accurate information. I don’t ever wanna come off like I’m here to bash this girl or I’m here to talk down about this girl or ever be at a place where, like, I’m disrespecting her, because to me, as a person, she’s still my friend. No matter what."

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     12 Apr: Kim Kardashian West has teased she "won't be gone long" after the end of 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians'
     12 Apr: Nev Schulman and his wife Laura Perlongo are expecting their third child
     12 Apr: The 'Glee' cast paid tribute to the late Naya Rivera during a special segment at the 2021 GLAAD Media Awards
     12 Apr: Prince Philip was honoured as the EE BAFTA Film Awards opened on Sunday (11.04.21)
     12 Apr: Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have paid tribute to Prince Philip following his death
     12 Apr: President Joe Biden has praised Prince Philip for his “decades of devoted public service” after he passed away peacefully on Friday morning (09.04.21)
     12 Apr: Prince Philip's funeral will take place next Saturday (17.04.21) at St George's Chapel in Windsor
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Swimmer Zac Reid could add a second event to his repertoire at the Tokyo Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A busy weekend at our largest medical cannabis plantation More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Kim Kardashian West has teased she "won't be gone long" after the end of 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' 14:24

    Accident and Emergency:
    Emergency services are responding to reports of a car in a lake near Rotorua 14:07

    Entertainment:
    Nev Schulman and his wife Laura Perlongo are expecting their third child 13:54

    Health & Safety:
    A study shows medication use in New Zealand can harm, as well as heal  13:47

    Law and Order:
    A court martial is under way today, for a Defence Force soldier accused of indecent assault, after allegedly groping a junior subordinate at a function in 2016 13:27

    Entertainment:
    The 'Glee' cast paid tribute to the late Naya Rivera during a special segment at the 2021 GLAAD Media Awards 13:24

    Netball:
    Grace Nweke feels a weight lifted off her shoulders with Bailey Mes back in the blue dress 13:07

    Entertainment:
    Prince Philip was honoured as the EE BAFTA Film Awards opened on Sunday (11.04.21) 12:54

    Golf:
    Former champion Jordan Spieth is hailing Hideki Matsuyama's win at the Masters 12:27

    Law and Order:
    New locations of interest in Auckland, connected to our latest Covid-19 case 12:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd