News | Entertainment
21 Jun 2021 9:02
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault lawsuit is set to be dismissed after his anonymous accuser refused to reveal his identity

    Earlier this month, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the male source known as ‘C.D’ must publicly confirm his identity in order for the case against Spacey to proceed, but on Thursday (13.05.21) lawyers for the man said he would not be revealing his name


    C.D. has accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him when he was just 14, and filed his lawsuit against the disgraced actor in September alongside fellow accuser, Anthony Rapp.

    But now, the case looks set to be dismissed after the anonymous accuser refused to comply with Kaplan’s request.

    Richard M. Steigman and Peter J. Saghir, the attorneys for C.D., said in a letter obtained by CNN: “As we had previously informed the Court, C.D.

    believes he is unable to withstand the scrutiny and intrusion into his life if his identity is revealed in this matter.”

    The pair also added that the “unwanted attention” would be “simply too much for him to bear”.

    However, Judge Kaplan has claimed C.D. must identify himself because interest in the case is “magnified because C.D. has made his allegations against a public figure”.

    The judge wrote in his ruling: "The evidence suggests that C.D.

    knowingly and repeatedly took the risk that any of these individuals at one point or another would reveal his true identity in a manner that would bring that identity to wide public attention, particularly given Spacey's celebrity. He seeks $40 million in damages. He makes serious charges and, as a result, has put his credibility in issue."

    In the original lawsuit, C.D. accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him in the 1980s, when the accuser was 14.

    Meanwhile, Anthony Rapp first accused Spacey, 61, of sexual assault back in October 2017, when he claimed the former ‘House of Cards’ actor had “grabbed [his] buttocks” and lifted him onto a bed whilst at a party in Spacey’s home in 1986, when Anthony was also just 14.

    Spacey issued a statement at the time saying he didn't remember the alleged incident involving Anthony, and apologised "for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunk behaviour”.

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Jun: Cardi B loves her stepchildren “the same way” as her daughter
     20 Jun: Angelina Jolie is reportedly back in touch with her ex-husband Jonny Lee Miller
     20 Jun: Kendall Jenner is “in a really good place” with Devin Booker
     20 Jun: Demi Lovato believes they overdosed in 2018 because they were “ignoring [their] truth” about being non-binary
     20 Jun: Kehlani was having “full-blown identity issues” before publicly coming out
     20 Jun: Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter has never seen one of her movies
     20 Jun: Kim Kardashian West will keep posting her sexy selfies when she becomes a lawyer
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A special moment for Blues loose forward Blake Gibson in his last match for the franchise More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Concerns over tenants abandoning their leases because of Auckland's City Rail Link project More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Italy beats 10-man Wales 1-0 to top Group A at Euro 2020, Switzerland downs Turkey 3-1 8:56

    Rugby League:
    Manly have redefined the term "comeback" 8:16

    Cricket:
    New Zealand's four-wheel drive pace attack has proven the perfect vehicle to get traction on the second active day of the World Test Championship cricket final against India in Southampton 8:06

    Golf:
    Jon Rahm has made an early charge in the final round of golf's US Open at Torrey Pines 8:06

    Accident and Emergency:
    Part of State Highway 30 between Rotorua and Taupo is blocked, following a serious two-vehicle crash 8:06

    Business:
    Concerns over tenants abandoning their leases because of Auckland's City Rail Link project 7:56

    Education:
    A bit of movement around the nine to three school day 7:36

    International:
    US Open final round live blog: Bryson DeChambeau, Rory McIlroy lead the chasing pack at Torrey Pines 7:36

    Business:
    Another popular bank is set to phase out foreign exchange services 7:36

    Politics:
    When the Spice Islands began to be forgotten, music became the Moluccans' last resort 7:06


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd