News | Entertainment
13 Jun 2021 18:08
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault lawsuit is set to be dismissed after his anonymous accuser refused to reveal his identity

    Earlier this month, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the male source known as ‘C.D’ must publicly confirm his identity in order for the case against Spacey to proceed, but on Thursday (13.05.21) lawyers for the man said he would not be revealing his name


    C.D. has accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him when he was just 14, and filed his lawsuit against the disgraced actor in September alongside fellow accuser, Anthony Rapp.

    But now, the case looks set to be dismissed after the anonymous accuser refused to comply with Kaplan’s request.

    Richard M. Steigman and Peter J. Saghir, the attorneys for C.D., said in a letter obtained by CNN: “As we had previously informed the Court, C.D.

    believes he is unable to withstand the scrutiny and intrusion into his life if his identity is revealed in this matter.”

    The pair also added that the “unwanted attention” would be “simply too much for him to bear”.

    However, Judge Kaplan has claimed C.D. must identify himself because interest in the case is “magnified because C.D. has made his allegations against a public figure”.

    The judge wrote in his ruling: "The evidence suggests that C.D.

    knowingly and repeatedly took the risk that any of these individuals at one point or another would reveal his true identity in a manner that would bring that identity to wide public attention, particularly given Spacey's celebrity. He seeks $40 million in damages. He makes serious charges and, as a result, has put his credibility in issue."

    In the original lawsuit, C.D. accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him in the 1980s, when the accuser was 14.

    Meanwhile, Anthony Rapp first accused Spacey, 61, of sexual assault back in October 2017, when he claimed the former ‘House of Cards’ actor had “grabbed [his] buttocks” and lifted him onto a bed whilst at a party in Spacey’s home in 1986, when Anthony was also just 14.

    Spacey issued a statement at the time saying he didn't remember the alleged incident involving Anthony, and apologised "for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunk behaviour”.

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     13 Jun: Lena Dunham has confirmed she is dating Luis Felber
     13 Jun: 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' ex ecutive producer Farnaz Farjam has claimed Kim Kardashian West enjoyed being on camera the most
     13 Jun: Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash are delaying their wedding until their baby is born
     13 Jun: Thomas Rhett admits he's "gotten very good" at being a "girl dad"
     13 Jun: Troian Bellisario and Patrick J. Adams' baby girl was born in a car
     13 Jun: Kim Petras is "proud" to be transgender but doesn't want to be defined by her gender
     13 Jun: Sheridan Smith was "in a daze" after giving birth to her son last year
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A proud big brother moment for Black Sticks men veteran defender Shea McAleese More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Stepping on the accelerator to meet our carbon neutral targets More...



     Today's News

    Rugby League:
    The Melbourne Storm have dominated the Warriors in their NRL match on the Central Coast - winning 42-14 17:56

    Entertainment:
    Lena Dunham has confirmed she is dating Luis Felber 17:55

    Politics:
    Indigenous eviction prevention program's last-ditch bid to survive 17:36

    Law and Order:
    Police are still hunting for a man who pointed a gun at officers in Feilding this morning, then fled 17:26

    Entertainment:
    'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' ex ecutive producer Farnaz Farjam has claimed Kim Kardashian West enjoyed being on camera the most 17:25

    Netball:
    While she might not be the tallest in the defensive circle Oceane Maihi's still leaping to new heights this ANZ Premiership season 16:56

    Entertainment:
    Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash are delaying their wedding until their baby is born 16:55

    Entertainment:
    Thomas Rhett admits he's "gotten very good" at being a "girl dad" 16:25

    International:
    Christian Eriksen's teammates, Denmark medics praised for actions after player's collapse at Euro 2020 16:16

    Entertainment:
    Troian Bellisario and Patrick J. Adams' baby girl was born in a car 15:55


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd