News | Entertainment
25 Sep 2021 21:26
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Richard E Grant didn't want to catch COVID-19 from Prince Charles

    The 64-year-old actor raised eyebrows when he wore protective rubber gloves to meet the 72-year-old royal at the Prince's Trust And TK Maxx & Homesense Awards at London Palladium on March 11 last year but he has revealed he did so because he had been advised by a medical professional to protect himself from the potentially deadly virus that has swept the globe over the last year and a half


    Speaking to the Radio Times magazine, he said: 'I’ve been vigilant about it. [COVID] I’m not a hypochondriac, by any means, I’ve just been careful. Another (New York party) guest, who was in the medical profession, said, 'Get face masks and gloves.'

    "So I got a whole box and when I came back to England wore them wherever I went."

    Detailing the reaction he got from onlookers when he met Prince Charles, Richard added: "Someone said, 'What the hell are you doing [shaking his hand with gloves on]?' But I didn’t want to catch it."

    Prince Charles later revealed that he had caught Coronavirus - just days after he had appeared at the event - but was only experiencing "mild symptoms."

    A statement said at the time: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

    "The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

    "The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing. It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

    Prince Charles made a full recovery.

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     25 Sep: Sam Asghari hopes Netflix isn't profiting from his fiancee's conservatorship battle
     25 Sep: Debra Messing has questioned why Kim Kardashian West is to host 'Saturday Night Live'
     25 Sep: Sarah Jessica Parker is "not ready" to publicly mourn the loss of her close friend, Willie Garson
     25 Sep: Whoopi Goldberg has signed a new four-year deal to remain on 'The View'
     25 Sep: A woman suing Nicki Minaj and her husband for alleged harassment is "tired of being afraid" of them
     25 Sep: Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip "loved" things going "wrong" on royal engagements
     25 Sep: Steve Aoki wants to be cryogenically frozen and brought back to life in the future
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Canterbury has beaten Southland 19-16 in golden point extra time of their Bunnings NPC match in Invercargill More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Four tickets share Lotto Division One's million dollar prize as a result of tonight's draw More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    Four tickets share Lotto Division One's million dollar prize as a result of tonight's draw 21:14

    Entertainment:
    Sam Asghari hopes Netflix isn't profiting from his fiancee's conservatorship battle 21:00

    Entertainment:
    Debra Messing has questioned why Kim Kardashian West is to host 'Saturday Night Live' 20:30

    Entertainment:
    Sarah Jessica Parker is "not ready" to publicly mourn the loss of her close friend, Willie Garson 20:00

    Entertainment:
    Whoopi Goldberg has signed a new four-year deal to remain on 'The View' 19:30

    Entertainment:
    A woman suing Nicki Minaj and her husband for alleged harassment is "tired of being afraid" of them 19:00

    Rugby:
    Canterbury has beaten Southland 19-16 in golden point extra time of their Bunnings NPC match in Invercargill 18:54

    Law and Order:
    There's a homicide investigation underway after a woman died in the Bay of Plenty town of Kawerau 18:35

    Motoring:
    Wild weather has hit the South Island today 18:35

    Living & Travel:
    A new pop-up Covid-19 testing centre at the Te Hana cafe carpark near Wellsford is open today 18:34


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd