News | Entertainment
3 Apr 2025 20:39
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Marilyn Manson has had most of his defamation case against Evan Rachel Wood thrown out

    The 'Rock is Dead' hitmaker had accused his former fiancee of fabricating allegations he abused her during their relationship and encouraged other women to do the same, arguing the 'Westworld' star and another woman, Illma Gore, had defamed him, intentionally caused emotional distress and derailed his career


    But on Tuesday (09.05.23), Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Teresa A.

    Beaudet dismissed the part of the lawsuit dealing with a disputed FBI letter - which Manson accused Evan of forging - and also tossed out a section alleging the two defendants used a checklist found on an iPad for other women to use to make their own abuse claims.

    Though the judge didn't rule on the legitimacy of the FBI letter, she found the evidence Evan and Illma had allegedly used it to recruit other women to harm Manson to be hypothetical and flimsy, and felt there wasn't enough evidence to show they had created the checklist, so dec lared the probability of the 'Beautiful People' singer's claim being successful to be low.

    The ruling relied on California law that protects the free speech of defendants being harmed by lawsuits.

    The 35-year-old actress' lawyer, Michael Kump, said in a statement: "We are very pleased with the Court's ruling, which affirms and protects Evan's exercise of her fundamental First Amendment rights.

    "As the Court correctly found, Plaintiff failed to show that his claims against her have even minimal merit."

    Manson - whose real name is Brian Warner - is planning an appeal.

    His attorney, Howard King, dec lared in an email: "The ruling is disappointing but not unexpected. The Court telegraphed this outcome when it refused to consider the bombshell sworn declaration of former plaintiff Ashley Smithline, which detailed how women were systematically pressured by Evan Rachel Wood and Illma Gore to make false claims about Brian Warner."

    The judge overruled Evan's motion to dismiss other parts of the lawsuit that alleged she and Illma had intentionally inflicted emotional distress.

    Remaining sections of the lawsuit include allegations the women hacked Manson's email, phone and social media accounts, created a fake email account to allegedly create evidence the disgraced rocker was sending illegal pornography, and made a prank call to send authorities to his home.

    Esme Bianco has previously settled a lawsuit against Manson, while his ex-girlfriend Ashley Morgan Smithline previously retracted her allegations against him after stating in a court declaration she had been "manipulated" by the 'Wrestler' actress.

    Manson has denied all the allegations against him.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     03 Apr: Charlie Sheen's daughter Sami hasn't spoken to him "in five months"
     03 Apr: John Cena has been diagnosed with skin cancer twice
     03 Apr: Kim Delaney will not face charges following her recent arrest on suspicion of felony assault
     03 Apr: Denise Richards was "upset" with her ex-husband Charlie Sheen for publicly disclosing his HIV diagnosis without informing her in advance
     03 Apr: Rosamund Pike was worried about her nipple tape injuring Pierce Brosnan while they filmed a love scene for the 2002 James Bond film 'Die Another Day'
     03 Apr: Noel and Liam Gallagher are said to be set to earn millions more from their Oasis reunion tour this summer thanks to image rights
     03 Apr: Wendy Williams' fans are rallying around her amid her fierce battle over her guardianship
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Beauden Barrett's declaring himself ready to return to Super Rugby this weekend with the Blues More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confirmation the ripple effects of declining interest rates - still haven't changed consumer habits More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Charlie Sheen's daughter Sami hasn't spoken to him "in five months" 20:18

    Entertainment:
    John Cena has been diagnosed with skin cancer twice 19:48

    Entertainment:
    Kim Delaney will not face charges following her recent arrest on suspicion of felony assault 19:18

    Business:
    Confirmation the ripple effects of declining interest rates - still haven't changed consumer habits 18:57

    Entertainment:
    Denise Richards was "upset" with her ex-husband Charlie Sheen for publicly disclosing his HIV diagnosis without informing her in advance 18:48

    Law and Order:
    Police believe a homicide and aggravated burglary in Wellington's Miramar last month are connected 18:37

    Entertainment:
    Rosamund Pike was worried about her nipple tape injuring Pierce Brosnan while they filmed a love scene for the 2002 James Bond film 'Die Another Day' 18:18

    Politics:
    What we know about Qatargate scandal surrounding Netanyahu government 18:17

    Law and Order:
    The imprisonment of a sexual predator - has prompted Police to urge caution 18:07

    Entertainment:
    Noel and Liam Gallagher are said to be set to earn millions more from their Oasis reunion tour this summer thanks to image rights 17:48


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd