News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 23:19
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Katie Price’s home invaders stole her backpack from her stint on ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!’

    The 42-year-old star was left "devastated" over the weekend when her £1.3 million Sussex property - which is currently being renovated - was ransacked and flooded by trespassers


    And it has now been revealed the culprits took her backpack and water bottle which she used during her second stint on the UK reality show in 2009.

    Katie - who also appeared on the show in 2004, where she met her ex-husband Peter Andre - believes whoever broke into her home “must have known” how sentimental the items are to her, and thinks the thief “set out to cause her pain”.

    A source told The Sun Online: "Katie realised that the only thing that was taken from the house was her backpack and water bottle from her first I'm A Celebrity appearance - the one where she met Pete.

    "It's one of her most treasured possessions and that's why it's so terrifying - whoever broke in must have known what it meant to her, and set out to cause her pain.

    "She's hoping it'll be returned as the police have recovered evidence at the house”.

    And Katie’s publicist confirmed the missing items, adding: "Katie will never be able to replace the rucksack.

    "Not only is this a piece of reality jungle memorabilia - but holds great personal value to Katie."

    Earlier this week, the former glamour model - who is now in a relationship with Carl Woods - was reported to be “terrified" that the intruders may have been trying to send her a “warning” when they ransacked her home.

    Another insider said: "Katie is terrified because it doesn't feel like a random break in - she thinks she's being targeted by someone.

    "She fears it's a warning. She's sworn never to go back to the house ever again. She's always said it's cursed, and this just proves it.”

    During the home invasion, trespassers caused the ground floor ceiling to collapse, causing thousands of pounds of damage to the newly refurbished kitchen.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Feb: President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama
     20 Feb: Nicole Kidman is reportedly being "romantically pursued" by MGM Resorts boss Paul Salem following her split from Keith Urban
     20 Feb: Margot Robbie worried she was "dumb" after deciding against going to university
     20 Feb: Rose Byrne has joked she "drinks a lot of alcohol" to decompress after work
     20 Feb: Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show
     20 Feb: Tyra Banks refused to speak to Jay Manuel when he returned to America's Next Top Model
     20 Feb: Taylor Swift has thrown her support behind Team USA's figure skaters as they prepare to take to the ice at the Winter Olympics
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    High hopes for one of the Hurricanes' newest recruits More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    The Central Stags have posted a massive 211-run win over the Wellington Firebirds, to book their place against Canterbury in Sunday's one-day men's cricket final 21:57

    Entertainment:
    President Donald Trump has remembered the late Jesse Jackson as "a good man, with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts" - and claimed he "could not stand" Barack Obama 21:47

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is reportedly being "romantically pursued" by MGM Resorts boss Paul Salem following her split from Keith Urban 21:17

    International:
    Donald Trump suggests decision on Iran likely within 10 to 15 days 21:17

    Golf:
    Ryan Fox is right in the mix after a fine four-under-par opening round of 67, at the latest PGA Tour event in Los Angeles 21:17

    National:
    Andrew’s arrest: will anything like this now happen in the US? Why hasn’t it so far? 21:07

    General:
    Kyra Wheatley ready to ride the chaos and speed of ski cross at Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics 21:07

    Entertainment:
    Margot Robbie worried she was "dumb" after deciding against going to university 20:47

    Entertainment:
    Rose Byrne has joked she "drinks a lot of alcohol" to decompress after work 20:17

    Entertainment:
    Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show 19:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd