News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 18:42
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Alec Baldwin’s defamation allegations against a man who alleged the actor hit him can go forward to trial

    The 'Saturday Night Live' star got caught up in a row over a parking space with Wojciech Cieszkowski in New York in November 2018, and subsequently insisted the man lied when he claimed the 62-year-old actor had punched him in the face


    And now Manhattan Supreme Court Justice David Cohen has denied Wojciech's bid to have the defamation claim thrown out.

    According to the New York Post newspaper, the ruling stated: “The plaintiff must meet a high bar of proof on his motion to dismiss and, since he fails to definitively prove the truthfulness of his interpretation of the incident, he does not meet his burden.”

    However, the judge granted a request to have Alec's allegation that the man's lies led to his false imprisonment dismissed because the man hadn't imprisoned the 'Boss Baby' star himself.

    He also found Wojciech couldn't be held liable for defamation for any statements he made to the Manhattan District Attorney's office, which ultimately prosecuted Alec over the incident.

    Lawyers for both men were pleased with the ruling on Thursday (04.03.21).

    Alex's representative, Luke Nikas, said: “We’re very pleased with the decision.

    “From the beginning, Alec has maintained that these charges were frivolous.”

    And Wojciech's lawyer, Douglas Lieb, said: “We are pleased that the court found Mr. Baldwin’s false imprisonment claim to be baseless.

    “Since Mr. Baldwin seems determined to put his reputation at issue in this case, we look forward to exploring that reputation at trial.”

    The legal battle between the two men began in April 2019 when Wojciech sued Alec for assault and slander after the parking space row. He then claimed the '30 Rock' star had lied when he told interviewers Ellen DeGeneres and Howard Stern that he thought the man was going to run over his wife, Hilaria Baldwin.

    But the judge dismissed the slander claim, ruling that Alec's statements in public were exaggerations and opinions, which do not rise to the level of defamation.

    Alec then filed his counterclaims, alleging Wojciech had defamed him when speaking to police, medical staff at the hospital where he was treated, the media, and a court room and telling them all he had been punched in the face.

    Following the original dispute, the 'Motherless Brooklyn' actor pleaded guilty to harassment and was sentenced to anger management classes and ordered to pay a $120 fine.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Lizzo is worried weight-loss drugs have led to plus-sized women being "erased"
     29 Nov: Kevin Spacey has moved to counter mounting speculation about his living situation, insisting he is not homeless after remarks about "living in Airbnbs and hotels" triggered widespread concern
     29 Nov: Ricky Gervais has been warned his plan to rebuild his riverside home is at risk of exposing him and others to dangerous flooding
     29 Nov: Frankie Grande says his sister Ariana Grande is "doing well" after she recently tested positive for COVID-19
     29 Nov: Macaulay Culkin's sons still do not realise that he played Kevin McCallister in Home Alone - despite them watching it "often"
     29 Nov: Hollywood legend Paul Newman had no idea who George Clooney was when they met but still gave him advice on how to navigate fame
     29 Nov: Michelle Pfeiffer is taking on less work in 2026 to devote to being a grandmother
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jorja Miller continues her whirlwind year of rugby on the fields of Dubai tonight More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Lizzo is worried weight-loss drugs have led to plus-sized women being "erased" 18:38

    Wellington:
    One person is seriously injured following a two vehicle crash involving a motorbike on Wellington's Akatarawa Road 18:37

    Entertainment:
    Kevin Spacey has moved to counter mounting speculation about his living situation, insisting he is not homeless after remarks about "living in Airbnbs and hotels" triggered widespread concern 18:08

    Soccer:
    The Phoenix are in command at half-time of their A-League match with Adelaide in Wellington 18:07

    Living & Travel:
    About 90 Jetstar flights cancelled due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 17:57

    Entertainment:
    Ricky Gervais has been warned his plan to rebuild his riverside home is at risk of exposing him and others to dangerous flooding 17:38

    Rugby:
    Jorja Miller continues her whirlwind year of rugby on the fields of Dubai tonight 17:27

    Cricket:
    The Black Foils are as ready as they can be ahead of tonight's opening day of SailGP racing in the season finale in Abu Dhabi 17:27

    Auckland:
    It's now known that four people, including a child, are in hospital after a crash near Auckland's Waterview Tunnel this morning 17:27

    Entertainment:
    Frankie Grande says his sister Ariana Grande is "doing well" after she recently tested positive for COVID-19 17:08


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd