News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 20:07
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have released a new photo of their son Archie to mark his second birthday on Thursday (06.05.21)

    Prince Harry and his wife Meghan – who was known as Meghan Markle before her marriage – posted a lengthy statement to their Archewell foundation website on Thursday to honour their son’s birthday, where they also shared a sweet new image of the growing royal


    The picture did not show Archie’s face, but instead saw him holding a large bunch of balloons with his back to the camera.

    And alongside the photo, Harry and Meghan – who are currently expecting their second child, who will be a baby girl – said they are “deeply touched” by those who have sent their well wishes on Archie’s special day.

    They wrote: “We have been deeply touched over the past two years to feel the warmth and support for our family in honour of Archie’s birthday.

    Many of you donate to charities on his behalf, and mark the occasion by giving back or doing an act of service - all through the goodness of your hearts. You raise funds for those who need it most, and continue to do so organically and selflessly. We remain incredibly grateful.”

    The couple – who live in the US after leaving the UK last year when they decided to step down as senior royals – also used their post to ask their supporters to join them in “advocating for vaccine equity” amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

    In the message, which was titled ‘Join Us in Advocating for Vaccine Equity on Archie’s Birthday’, they explained: “This year, our world continues to be on the path to recovery from COVID-19. Yet too many families are still struggling with the impact of this pandemic. While some places are on the verge of healing, in so many parts of the world, communities continue to suffer. As of today, around 80 percent of the nearly one billion COVID-19 vaccine shots that have been given were administered in wealthier countries. While we may feel that normalcy is around the corner, we remind ourselves that in much of the world, and especially in developing countries, vaccine distribution has effectively yet to start.

    “We will not be able to truly recover until everyone, everywhere, has equal access to the vaccine. And with that intention, we are inviting you to contribute whatever you can - if you have the means to do so - to bring vaccines to families in the world’s most vulnerable places.”

    The post goes on to explain how people can donate $5 to help cover the cost of a vaccine for someone in need.

    And the Sussexes closed their message by insisting the cause is the most “resonant way” to honour Archie’s birthday.

    They said: “We cannot think of a more resonant way to honour our son’s birthday. If we all show up, with compassion for those we both know and don’t know, we can have a profound impact. Even a small contribution can have a ripple effect.

    “Together, we can uplift, protect, and care for one another.”

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Feb: Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show
     20 Feb: Tyra Banks refused to speak to Jay Manuel when he returned to America's Next Top Model
     20 Feb: Taylor Swift has thrown her support behind Team USA's figure skaters as they prepare to take to the ice at the Winter Olympics
     20 Feb: Olivia Colman thinks "people are too nervous" about gender and sexuality
     20 Feb: Rev. Jesse Jackson has died "peacefully surrounded by his family"
     20 Feb: Lily Collins wants to celebrate "individuality" after joining Zalando as its first global brand ambassador
     20 Feb: Donald Trump has threatened Nancy Guthrie's kidnappers with the death penalty if she isn't returned alive
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    High hopes for one of the Hurricanes' newest recruits More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Baz Luhrmann is bringing Elvis Presley's story to theatres in a new stage show 19:47

    Entertainment:
    Tyra Banks refused to speak to Jay Manuel when he returned to America's Next Top Model 19:17

    Rugby League:
    New Zealand Warriors coach Andrew Webster is embracing the team's unfortunate injury-run, as they finish their NRL pre-season against the Dolphins in Sydney tonight 18:57

    International:
    Timeline of key moments leading to former prince Andrew's arrest 18:57

    Entertainment:
    Taylor Swift has thrown her support behind Team USA's figure skaters as they prepare to take to the ice at the Winter Olympics 18:47

    Environment:
    High hopes for one of the Hurricanes' newest recruits 18:37

    Accident and Emergency:
    Not just sport and car crashes: debunking 5 myths about traumatic brain injury in NZ 18:17

    Law and Order:
    How Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's 10 hours in police custody unfolded 18:17

    Entertainment:
    Olivia Colman thinks "people are too nervous" about gender and sexuality 18:17

    Law and Order:
    Police say they have disrupted a crime syndicate using the dark web to import and distribute drugs throughout the country 18:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd