News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 18:27
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince and Princess Michael of Kent secretly grieved over the shock death of their financier son-in-law as they attended King Constantine of Greece's memorial service

    The couple were photographed dressed head-to-toe in black for the ceremony at Windsor Castle, held on Tuesday (27.02.24), hours before it emerged Thomas Kingston had passed away aged 45


    They were seen speaking in hushed tones to one another as they sat in pews to pay tribute to the Prince of Wales' late godfather at St George's Chapel - where Thomas married their daughter Lady Gabriella Kingston, 42, in 2019.

    Thomas was found dead at an address in Gloucestershire on Sunday (25.02.24) but his death was only revealed by Buckingham Palace on Tuesday, in the wake of the late King Constantine's memorial.

    Prince William, 41 - whose wife Catherine, Princess of Wales, 42, is recovering from abdominal surgery - was forced to pull out of the morning memorial service at the last minute for unspecified "personal reasons".

    But it is understood his absence was not related to Mr Kingston's death.

    Lady Gabriella, known to her family as Ella, had her wedding reception with Thomas after their wedding in St George's Chapel in Frogmore House, the former residence of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    Thomas had been the director of private equity firm Devonport Capital since 2017, and he spent time in Baghdad, Iraq, where he helped with the release of hostages while working in the foreign office's Diplomatic Missions Unit.

    Thomas previously dated Princess Catherine's younger sister Pippa Middleton, 40, who is now married to James Matthews.

    Even though they ended their romance in 2011, they are understood to have stayed close friends.

    Lady Gabriella has worked as an arts and travel director for a brand firm and is a writer and singer-songwriter who released two tracks in 2020 to raise money for charity.

    The last photo of Thomas with Lady Gabriella emerged after news of his dearth broke, and was taken on Valentine's Day at a Shakespeare event in London, also attended by Queen Camilla, 76.

    His death is the latest in a string of shocks to rock the royal family, who are coping with the news King Charles, 75, is battling an undisclosed form of cancer.

    Josh Brolin has blasted trolls for accusing him of wanting to "make out" with Timothée Chalamet.

    The 56-year-old acting veteran stars with the 28-year-old French actor in 'Dune: Part Two', and keyboard warriors started to accuse him of having romantic feelings for Timothée after he wrote poetry about the star in his new behind-the-scenes book 'Dune: Exposures'.

    He said on 'Good Morning America' about the online chatter: "Yeah... you know, that's gotten out of control.

    "You know what, when you're an older actor, OK, and you're looking at new, great younger talent, I get excited.

    "So you're sitting there and you see Florence Pugh, or you're seeing Zendaya, or you're seeing Timothée, and I get excited.

    "Especially people who work hard.

    "So I'm sitting there writing and I don't have a scene that day, and I'm writing these nice things and then the Internet grabs a hold of it and thinks I want to make out with Timothée or whatever."

    Josh added: "It makes no sense. It says more about (the trolls) than it does about me."

    Josh's book 'Dune: Exposures' is a collection of hundreds of "intimate, evocative photographs" taken by the film's director of photography Greig Fraser, 48, on the sets of 'Dune: Part One' and its new sequel - combined with poetic musings from Josh.

    Josh, who also starred with Timothée in 'Dune: Part One', reprises his role of Warmaster Gurney Halleck in 'Dune: Part Two', which is set for release on 1 March.

    Josh hit back at trolls after his former wrestler co-star Dave Bautista, 55, told People he has a "man crush" on the actor.

    He said: "God, I have a man crush, a huge man crush on Josh Brolin.

    "I love him as a performer, as a human being."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Feb: Olivia Colman thinks "people are too nervous" about gender and sexuality
     20 Feb: Rev. Jesse Jackson has died "peacefully surrounded by his family"
     20 Feb: Lily Collins wants to celebrate "individuality" after joining Zalando as its first global brand ambassador
     20 Feb: Donald Trump has threatened Nancy Guthrie's kidnappers with the death penalty if she isn't returned alive
     20 Feb: Robert De Niro hopes he can live as long as Robert Duvall
     20 Feb: Jessie Buckley was "scared of love" for most of her life before settling down with husband Freddie Sorensen
     20 Feb: David Archuleta didn't think he "deserved" fame and success because of his struggles with his sexuality
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    All Blacks flanker Du'Plessis Kirifi has reported he's not far away from a return to the Super Rugby Pacific picture, but is warning his teammates not to take Moana Pasifika lightly tonight More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes are lifting among Auckland businesses for the economic recovery More...



     Today's News

    Accident and Emergency:
    Not just sport and car crashes: debunking 5 myths about traumatic brain injury in NZ 18:17

    Law and Order:
    How Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's 10 hours in police custody unfolded 18:17

    Entertainment:
    Olivia Colman thinks "people are too nervous" about gender and sexuality 18:17

    Law and Order:
    Police say they have disrupted a crime syndicate using the dark web to import and distribute drugs throughout the country 18:07

    Entertainment:
    Rev. Jesse Jackson has died "peacefully surrounded by his family" 17:47

    Soccer:
    The Wellington Phoenix men's coach wants to rally not only his troops but also the fans, ahead of tomorrow's final New Zealand derby against Auckland FC 17:27

    International:
    Timeline of key moments leading to former prince Andrew's arrest 17:17

    Entertainment:
    Lily Collins wants to celebrate "individuality" after joining Zalando as its first global brand ambassador 17:17

    Politics:
    The Local Government Minister says he is seeking advice on changes to the 30-year-old Dog Control Act 16:57

    Entertainment:
    Donald Trump has threatened Nancy Guthrie's kidnappers with the death penalty if she isn't returned alive 16:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd