News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 18:52
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    A man has been arrested for allegedly punching Steve Buscemi in the face

    The 'Reservoir Dogs' actor was wandering through the East Side of Manhattan last Wednesday (08.05.24) when he was "assaulted" and left with a swollen face in a random attack, and now the New York Police Department (NYPD) have confirmed they have taken 50-year-old Clifton Williams into custody.


    The homeless man was arrested on Friday (17.05.24) and charged with second-degree assault - which is punishable by up to seven years in prison - and a police spokesperson told the New York Times newspaper the charge was elevated to a felony because of the 66-year-old actor's age.

    He is also accused of having punched a 22-year-old man around 15 minutes before the 'Boardwalk Empire' actor was attacked, and has been charged with third-degree assault, a misdemeanour, in that case.

    Police had identified Williams as a suspect earlier in the week after releasing surveillance photos of him, and when they were called to a dispute between him and another man on Friday, they recognised him and arrested him.

    Following the attack on Steve, the 'Fargo' star was taken to hospital for bleeding, bruising and swelling to his left eye.

    His publicist said in a statement at the time: "Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Midtown Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city.

    "He is OK and appreciates everyone's well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to while also walking the streets of N.Y."

    The incident came just two months after Steve's 'Boardwalk Empire' co-star Michael Stuhlbarg, 55, was attacked by a homeless man who lobbed a rock at him in Central Park in March.

    Xavier Israel, 27, was taken into custody after he caused injury to the back of his neck.

    The same month, Bethenny Frankel was punched in the face in a separate incident.

    The 53-year-old reality star noticed a video posted onto social media by fashion design student Mikayla Toninato about her experience of being assaulted in the Big Apple and took to the comments to reveal that the same thing had happened to her.

    She wrote on TikTok: "This is insane bc this happened to me a few months ago but I was embarrassed to say I was on the UWS [Upper West Side]. Insane. I was taking video of a bakery. (sic)"

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: Paddington Bear is set to bring a marmalade-tinted flourish to this weekend's EE BAFTA Film Awards after being confirmed as a presenter at the ceremony
     22 Feb: Apple Martin has blamed her spot outbreaks on "stress"
     22 Feb: Kate Hudson wouldn't give any advice to her younger self as she has no regrets - even about her mistakes
     22 Feb: King Charles says the "law must take its course" following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest
     22 Feb: Margot Robbie was mistaken for a man when she was playing ice hockey and was "picked on" by the other players
     22 Feb: Jason Bateman came close to quitting Hollywood to fulfil his dream of opening a cafe in Europe
     22 Feb: Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Crusaders have been demolished by the Brumbies 50-24 in Christchurch to close out the second week of Super Rugby More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Paddington Bear is set to bring a marmalade-tinted flourish to this weekend's EE BAFTA Film Awards after being confirmed as a presenter at the ceremony 18:47

    Cricket:
    The Central Stags have won domestic cricket's one day Ford Trophy, after demolishing Canterbury by six wickets in the final 18:37

    General:
    The curtain comes down on the Milano-Cortina Winter Olympics overnight 18:27

    International:
    Why has Donald Trump issued Keir Starmer a warning about the Chagos Islands? 18:17

    Entertainment:
    Apple Martin has blamed her spot outbreaks on "stress" 18:17

    Soccer:
    Belief the issues at the Wellington Phoenix run deeper than just departed coach Giancarlo Italiano 18:07

    Rugby:
    The Crusaders have been demolished by the Brumbies 50-24 in Christchurch to close out the second week of Super Rugby 17:57

    Entertainment:
    Kate Hudson wouldn't give any advice to her younger self as she has no regrets - even about her mistakes 17:47

    Accident and Emergency:
    Two people died and another three are in a critical condition, after a two-vehicle crash on State Highway 1 in Marlborough 17:27

    Entertainment:
    King Charles says the "law must take its course" following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest 17:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd