News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 23:23
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kelly Bensimon is back on the dating scene less than two months after she called off her wedding

    The former 'Real Housewives of New York City' star, 56, had been due to marry wealth management advisor Scott Litner on June 29, but she axed the nuptials with just four days notice after Scott refused to sign a pre-nuptial agreement - and now she's revealed she's looking for love once again


    Kelly told New York Post column PageSix: "I'm not in a relationship. I am ... happy to move forward with new possibilities ... [I'm] having fun dating."

    She went on to add: "I am enjoying myself. I am not hunting. I can't wait for my next chapter. I am not in a committed relationship."

    The reality TV star initially explained she had decided not to get married for the sake of her two daughters - Sea, 26, and Teddy, 24 - before later revealing the decision came after Scott refused to sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

    After calling off her big day, she told PEOPLE: "Ultimately, my decision is nobody's business, but I understand that there is speculation and gossip, and I want to put an end to all of it. To be clear, he refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, and I refused to marry him. Full stop."

    A statement released to the outlet added: "She was looking forward to an exciting new chapter in her life together with Scott when everything became clear to her late on Tuesday afternoon ... [He] refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, effectively stalling their engagement mere days before the wedding."

    The statement included words from Kelly, which explained: "He thought that I would enter this union without legal protections in place, that I would leave everything to faith.

    "But I've worked really, really, hard as a single mother and have always made smart decisions for myself and my family, and that will continue."

    Scott proposed to Kelly over the Fourth of July weekend in 2023 during a holiday in Wisconsin and they planned to marry in two ceremonies. One would have taken place at Scott's mother's home in Boston with a second celebration taking place in the Hamptons.

    Kelly was previously married to fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon - the father of her two daughters - from 1997 to 2006.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    State Highway 1 The Desert Road from across the central plateau is closed Rangipo to Waiouru 21:57

    Living & Travel:
    The wild weather's causing major disruptions to ground operations at Auckland Airport 21:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd