News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 20:56
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The royal family has paid tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth on the second anniversary of her death

    Its official social media account posted a photograph on X of the late monarch wearing a pink hat and matching outfit as she smiled during a summer Buckingham Palace garden party in 2019 - three years before she died at her beloved Balmoral estate in Scotland aged 96.


    It was captioned: "Remembering Queen Elizabeth II, 1926-2022."

    The post was made on Sunday (08.09.24), exactly two years on from Elizabeth's death, which saw her son Charles made king.

    Her death came a year after the passing of her husband Prince Philip, the late Duke of Edinburgh, aged 99 in 2021.

    Before her death, the Queen was struggling with her mobility and was forced to use a wheelchair behind the scenes to make it onto the Palace balcony to mark her Jubilee celebrations before her death.

    Her death certificate revealed she died at 3.10pm, with the cause listed as old age.

    It was followed by the ex ecution of a plan known as London Bridge to honour her life, with parades, vigils, a lying in state and a state funeral in Westminster Abbey being held.

    She is buried alongside her husband Philip, as well as her parents and sister Princess Margaret's ashes in the King George VI Memorial Chapel at St George's Chapel in Windsor.

    Charles, 75, continued his return to public life on Sunday amid his cancer battle by commemorating the second anniversary of her death by attending a church service in Scotland alongside his wife Queen Camilla, 77.

    The visit came a day after Charles' health is said to be heading in a "very positive" direction.

    He revealed earlier this year he was battling an unnamed form of cancer which was detected after he went into hospital for a routine operation to correct an enlarged prostate, and a royal source said he is well on the road to recovery.

    An insider told the Daily Mail Charles has also coped with the past year - which has also seen his daughter-in-law Catherine, Princess of Wales, 42, have preventative cancer treatment - with a "determination to be as public as he was able" about his fight to reassure the nation about his capabilities as king.

    They added: "Health has to remain the number one priority, albeit heading in a very positive trajectory."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: Tori Spelling and her ex-husband have been hit with a bill for more than $1.3 million in unpaid federal and state taxes
     29 Nov: Rupert Grint has written to Alastair Stout, who will play Ron Weasley in the new Harry Potter TV series
     29 Nov: Aaron Paul moved to France in the wake of the Los Angeles wildfires
     29 Nov: A man who rushed Ariana Grande at the Wicked: For Good premiere in Singapore has been deported
     29 Nov: Lizzo is worried weight-loss drugs have led to plus-sized women being "erased"
     29 Nov: Kevin Spacey has moved to counter mounting speculation about his living situation, insisting he is not homeless after remarks about "living in Airbnbs and hotels" triggered widespread concern
     29 Nov: Ricky Gervais has been warned his plan to rebuild his riverside home is at risk of exposing him and others to dangerous flooding
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jorja Miller feels at home as a leader in the Black Ferns Sevens More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Tori Spelling and her ex-husband have been hit with a bill for more than $1.3 million in unpaid federal and state taxes 20:38

    Entertainment:
    Rupert Grint has written to Alastair Stout, who will play Ron Weasley in the new Harry Potter TV series 20:08

    Entertainment:
    Aaron Paul moved to France in the wake of the Los Angeles wildfires 19:38

    Rugby:
    Jorja Miller feels at home as a leader in the Black Ferns Sevens 19:37

    Entertainment:
    A man who rushed Ariana Grande at the Wicked: For Good premiere in Singapore has been deported 19:08

    Cricket:
    The Black Foils are refusing to put their focus on their championship rivals in tonight's opening day of the SailGP season finale in Abu Dhabi 19:07

    Cricket:
    Central Districts have cruised to an eight wicket victory over Wellington in their Plunket Shield match in the Capital 18:57

    Entertainment:
    Lizzo is worried weight-loss drugs have led to plus-sized women being "erased" 18:38

    Wellington:
    One person is seriously injured following a two vehicle crash involving a motorbike on Wellington's Akatarawa Road 18:37

    Entertainment:
    Kevin Spacey has moved to counter mounting speculation about his living situation, insisting he is not homeless after remarks about "living in Airbnbs and hotels" triggered widespread concern 18:08


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd