News | Entertainment
30 Aug 2025 9:24
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jay-Z has accused a man who claims to be his son of "harassment"

    The 55-year-old star, who is married to pop superstar Beyonce, has hit out at the "fabricated allegations" by Rymir Satterthwaite and asked a federal judge to intervene in the case


    Court documents obtained by Us Weekly show that Jay-Z described the recent lawsuit filed by Satterthwaite as "just the latest" episode of "decades-long harassment" from the man and his godmother.

    The documents state: "The fabricated allegations and claims have been addressed - and rejected - in multiple other courts, and continued harassment and disregard of those orders has already resulted in a contempt order."

    Satterthwaite, 32, filed a federal lawsuit against the rapper - whose real name is Shawn Carter - in May and accuses the star of trying to keep him quiet about his paternity.

    The man claims that his mother Wanda had relations with Jay-Z during the 1990s.

    After she passed away, Sattherthwaite was cared for by his godmother and says that the pair have faced "unrelenting efforts by (Jay-Z) and his enablers to suppress the truth and silence those who dared to speak it".

    He accuses Jay-Z of refusing to take a paternity test or answer his claims directly.

    Sattherthwaite is insistent that he isn't pursuing fame and fortune with his legal case and just wants to discover the truth about his paternity.

    He told the Daily Mail last year: "Why can't he prove me wrong?

    "Go the courtroom and do what everyone else has to do. I can take a no. I can take being embarrassed. I just can't take him not saying anything. It is not fair."

    Meanwhile, rapper Nicki Minaj claims that Jay-Z owes her between $100 to $200 million.

    The Anaconda rapper was one of the original artists that went into partnership with Jay-Z's streaming platform TIDAL, launched in 2015. She was reportedly given three per cent equity in exchange for exclusive content and promotion.

    In 2021, Jay-Z sold a majority stake in TIDAL to Jack Dorsey's Square for $302 million, and the fallout began when she was allegedly only offered $1 million from the sale.

    Minaj has hit out at the music mogul on social media and has pledged to use the money she is owed to pay for her fans' tuition fees and student loans.

    She posted on X on Tuesday (08.07.25): "We've calculated about 100-200MM so far. #JayZ call me to settle this karmic debt. It's only collecting more interest.

    "You still in my TOP 5 tho. Let's get it n****. And anyone still calling him Hov will answer to God for the blasphemy."

    Minaj later added: "I'm going to use some of the money #JayZ owes me to send some of my Barbz to college, pay their school fees and student loans via my #StudentOfTheGame charity."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: George Clooney is said to have been forced to scale back his commitments at the Venice Film Festival after falling ill on the opening day
     30 Aug: Emma Heming Willis made the "hardest decision" by moving her husband Bruce Willis into a separate home
     30 Aug: Travis Kelce's mother has publicly shown her support for his engagement to Taylor Swift
     30 Aug: Denise Van Outen is unveiling her first album since 2003
     30 Aug: Katy Perry has been slammed by the family of the ailing Army veteran she is battling in court
     30 Aug: Daisy Edgar-Jones is determined to "help encourage new voices" in the acting world
     30 Aug: Victoria Beckham has battled "bad" skin "throughout her entire life"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A major boost for the Black Ferns ahead of their second Rugby World Cup match against Japan on Monday morning More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Reserve Bank Chair Neil Quigley has resigned More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    George Clooney is said to have been forced to scale back his commitments at the Venice Film Festival after falling ill on the opening day 9:16

    Entertainment:
    Emma Heming Willis made the "hardest decision" by moving her husband Bruce Willis into a separate home 8:46

    Politics:
    The Electoral Commission's gearing up for an increase in voting this weekend, in the Tamaki Makaurau by-election 8:17

    Entertainment:
    Travis Kelce's mother has publicly shown her support for his engagement to Taylor Swift 8:16

    Rugby League:
    The Roosters have spoiled Storm mentor Craig Bellamy's 600th NRL game as head coach with a shock 40-10 win in Melbourne 8:07

    Rugby:
    A major boost for the Black Ferns ahead of their second Rugby World Cup match against Japan on Monday morning 7:57

    International:
    Vladimir Putin says he wants peace, but on the front lines in Ukraine there's a different, 'terrifying' reality 7:57

    Rugby League:
    Warriors coach Andrew Webster has called out his side's lack of concentration after a 26-22 defeat by the Eels at Mt Smart 7:57

    Law and Order:
    Thames-Coromandel residents, bach owners, hunters, trampers and campers are being asked to keep an eye out for a missing man 7:47

    Entertainment:
    Denise Van Outen is unveiling her first album since 2003 7:46


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd