News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 12:10
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jay-Z has accused a man who claims to be his son of "harassment"

    The 55-year-old star, who is married to pop superstar Beyonce, has hit out at the "fabricated allegations" by Rymir Satterthwaite and asked a federal judge to intervene in the case


    Court documents obtained by Us Weekly show that Jay-Z described the recent lawsuit filed by Satterthwaite as "just the latest" episode of "decades-long harassment" from the man and his godmother.

    The documents state: "The fabricated allegations and claims have been addressed - and rejected - in multiple other courts, and continued harassment and disregard of those orders has already resulted in a contempt order."

    Satterthwaite, 32, filed a federal lawsuit against the rapper - whose real name is Shawn Carter - in May and accuses the star of trying to keep him quiet about his paternity.

    The man claims that his mother Wanda had relations with Jay-Z during the 1990s.

    After she passed away, Sattherthwaite was cared for by his godmother and says that the pair have faced "unrelenting efforts by (Jay-Z) and his enablers to suppress the truth and silence those who dared to speak it".

    He accuses Jay-Z of refusing to take a paternity test or answer his claims directly.

    Sattherthwaite is insistent that he isn't pursuing fame and fortune with his legal case and just wants to discover the truth about his paternity.

    He told the Daily Mail last year: "Why can't he prove me wrong?

    "Go the courtroom and do what everyone else has to do. I can take a no. I can take being embarrassed. I just can't take him not saying anything. It is not fair."

    Meanwhile, rapper Nicki Minaj claims that Jay-Z owes her between $100 to $200 million.

    The Anaconda rapper was one of the original artists that went into partnership with Jay-Z's streaming platform TIDAL, launched in 2015. She was reportedly given three per cent equity in exchange for exclusive content and promotion.

    In 2021, Jay-Z sold a majority stake in TIDAL to Jack Dorsey's Square for $302 million, and the fallout began when she was allegedly only offered $1 million from the sale.

    Minaj has hit out at the music mogul on social media and has pledged to use the money she is owed to pay for her fans' tuition fees and student loans.

    She posted on X on Tuesday (08.07.25): "We've calculated about 100-200MM so far. #JayZ call me to settle this karmic debt. It's only collecting more interest.

    "You still in my TOP 5 tho. Let's get it n****. And anyone still calling him Hov will answer to God for the blasphemy."

    Minaj later added: "I'm going to use some of the money #JayZ owes me to send some of my Barbz to college, pay their school fees and student loans via my #StudentOfTheGame charity."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The USA has drawn 31-all with Australia at the women's Rugby World Cup, with wins overnight for Scotland, Canada and England More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Rugby League:
    The Raiders believe their Canberra fortress will be a huge factor in navigating the NRL play-offs 11:57

    Law and Order:
    Police seize more than $70m in tobacco and vape products in historic bust 11:47

    Law and Order:
    A man has been jailed for three years and nine months after ramming his car into a crowd helping his injured girlfriend 11:27

    Politics:
    'Boot camps' and early intervention part of NT government's plan to prevent youth crime 11:17

    Politics:
    Three dead after angry mob sets fire to parliament building in Indonesia 10:57

    Environment:
    A south-westerly wind change could bring damaging gusts to the North Island, across the day 10:47

    Education:
    These pro-Palestine activists spoke up. A 'nefarious' website is now after them 10:37

    Health & Safety:
    A warning the increase in deaths and hospitalisations from stimulant overdoses - is likely just the beginning 10:27

    Living & Travel:
    A popular Auckland park is closing to the public - in anticipation of extreme winds 10:17

    Living & Travel:
    A Powerball player from Opotiki has won $12.5 million in last night's Lotto draw 10:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd