News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 22:29
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Isla Fisher went thought a "tough couple of years" but she's now embracing her "new identity as somebody outside of a partnership"

    The 49-year-old actress is single again following the breakdown of her marriage to Sacha Baron Cohen and she's admitted her life has totally changed and she's trying to adapt by staying as "as buoyant as possible"


    She told Harper's Bazaar magazine: "I've had a tough couple of years, but I'm making it through. I'm really excited for the next chapter.

    "I'm refocusing on my career, because previously I was very much focused on my kids, which I still am, obviously, because [they're] my true love. But I'm enjoying tackling work again."

    She added: "That's been one of the benefits of a challenging situation: the luxury of asking myself, What would I like to do professionally and privately? ...

    "I'm trying to remind myself of my new identity as somebody outside of a partnership and to stay as buoyant as possible. Any time there's change, it's hard to adapt. But hopefully I'm doing an okay job."

    The former couple - who have three children together - announced their split in April 2025 and last month they revealed their divorce had been finalised, allowing them both to move forward.

    In a joint statement posted on Instagram, the former Hollywood couple explained: "Our divorce has now been finalised. We are proud of all we've achieved together and, continuing our great respect for each other, we remain friends and committed to co-parenting our wonderful children.

    "We ask for the media to continue to respect our children's privacy."

    Isla previously called her divorce the "most difficult thing" she's been through, but insisted at the time that she and the Borat star remained focused on their children. She told The Sunday Times newspaper: "I've learned so much about myself in the process. I never imagined my family being separated, but we are committed and loving parents ...

    "Kids are the most important thing, and you want them to really feel safe and loved. We are building a new, healthy version of what our family looks like and putting as much care and love into it as possible."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    State Highway 1 The Desert Road from across the central plateau is closed Rangipo to Waiouru 21:57

    Living & Travel:
    The wild weather's causing major disruptions to ground operations at Auckland Airport 21:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd