News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 20:09
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jimmy Kimmel has obtained Italian citizenship

    The 57-year-old presenter - who has Katie, 33, and Kevin, 31, with ex-wife Gina Maddy and Jane, 11, and Billy, eight, with spouse Molly McNearney - has Italian heritage on his mother's side so sought to obtain official links to Europe because he is so unhappy with the state of the US under the presidency of Donald Trump


    Speaking on The Sarah Silverman Podcast, he said: "I do have... I did get Italian citizenship, I do have that.

    "What's going on is... as bad as you thought it was gonna be, it's so much worse.

    "It's just unbelievable. I feel like it's probably even worse than [Trump] would like it to be."

    The Jimmy Kimmel Live! host believes people should "welcome" those who have changed their views on Trump after previously supporting him to be re-elected.

    He said: "There are a lot of people... now you see these clips of Joe Rogan saying: 'Why's he doing this? He shouldn't be deporting people.' People go: 'F*** you, you supported him.' I don't buy into that. I don't believe 'F*** you, you supported him.'

    "I think the door needs to stay open. If you want to change your mind, that's so hard to do. If you want to admit you were wrong, that's so hard and so rare to do. You are welcome."

    The Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? host's comments about Trump come after the US president claimed he and Jimmy Fallon could be "next" to have their shows cancelled after news that the Late Show with Stephen Colbert will end in May 2026.

    Trump wrote on his own Truth Social platform: "The word is, and it's a strong word at that, Jimmy Kimmel is NEXT to go in the untalented Late Night Sweepstakes and, shortly thereafter, Fallon will be gone.

    "These are people with absolutely NO TALENT, who were paid Millions of Dollars for, in all cases, destroying what used to be GREAT Television.

    "It's really good to see them go, and I hope I played a major part in it! (sic)"

    In response, Kimmel posted on Instagram: "I'm hearing you're next. Or maybe it's just another wonderful secret."

    His contract for Jimmy Kimmel Live! - which airs on ABC - is set to expire in 2026.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17

    Rugby:
    Damning claims from a former Welsh rugby international about New Zealand Rugby Players Association boss Rob Nichol 16:07

    Rugby:
    22-year-old hooker Jack Taylor is hoping to replicate Southland rugby greats of years gone by when they tackle Waikato in their Ranfurly Shield NPC contest in Hamilton this afternoon 15:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd