News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 12:32
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Naomi Campbell is supporting Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's decision to step down as senior members of the royal family

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex recently revealed they want to step back and split their time between Canada and the United Kingdom


    Asked about the royal couple's news, she said: "I support them whatever."

    Back in November, the supermodel was fully supportive of Naomi's decision to take legal action to "defend" herself.

    She said previously: "When I heard [she was taking legal action], I was like 'Bravo. Good for her.' I'm really glad she’s taken action to defend herself."

    Naomi's comments comes after Queen Elizabeth issued a statement to insist herself and the Royal Family was fully supportive of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision to change their role within the monarchy.

    In a statement, she said: "Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family. My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family. Harry and Meghan have made it clear they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives. It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK. These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Ed Sheeran has revealed the reason he ditched his mobile phone - and how the experience inspired his song
     18 Feb: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex amped up the Valentine's Day magic by sharing an adorable snap of Prince Harry scooping up their daughter, Princess Lilibet, as he clutched a bunch of balloons
     18 Feb: Hilary Duff helped two fans pull off the ultimate engagement moment during her Las Vegas show on Friday night (13.02.26)
     18 Feb: Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler
     18 Feb: Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left
     18 Feb: Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie
     18 Feb: Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The wait is expected to go on for an All Blacks coaching appointment More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    An improving financial situation for one of our largest companies, Fletcher Building More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Ed Sheeran has revealed the reason he ditched his mobile phone - and how the experience inspired his song 12:27

    Business:
    An improving financial situation for one of our largest companies, Fletcher Building 12:27

    Entertainment:
    Meghan, Duchess of Sussex amped up the Valentine's Day magic by sharing an adorable snap of Prince Harry scooping up their daughter, Princess Lilibet, as he clutched a bunch of balloons 11:57

    Rugby:
    The wait is expected to go on for an All Blacks coaching appointment 11:57

    Entertainment:
    Hilary Duff helped two fans pull off the ultimate engagement moment during her Las Vegas show on Friday night (13.02.26) 11:27

    National:
    Make Japan strong again: Sanae Takaichi’s plan to transform her country’s military 11:17

    Hockey:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Jürgen Klopp makes Milano Cortina Games cameo, ice hockey fight ban labelled a 'joke' — quick hits from day 11 11:17

    Soccer:
    Second half drama in the Champions League football clash between Benfica and Real Madrid in Lisbon 11:07

    Entertainment:
    Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler 10:57

    Environment:
    Dozens of Canterbury kids spent a night hunkering down in Banks Peninsula - which was cut off by yesterday's torrential rain 10:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd