News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 12:24
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    'The Drew Barrymore Show' is coming back without its three head writers after they declined to return

    The show has found itself at the centre of controversy after the actress and host announced plans to resume production before the Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike had ended


    Now, source have told The Hollywood Reporter that writers Chelsea White, Cristina Kinon and Liz Koe - who share the role of co-head writer on the talk show - have refused deals to return now that the WAG strike order has been lifted.

    The programme is due to return with its first new episode in months on October 16, but bosses are having to interview new writers to replace the three departing team members.

    Drew previously performed a U-turn amid the strike following backlash when she revealed she was preparing to return to the studio to start filming the fourth season.

    She wrote on Instagram: "I have listened to everyone, and I am making the decision to pause the show's premiere until the strike is over.

    "I have no words to express my deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt and, of course, to our incredible team who works on the show and has made it what it is today. We really tried to find our way forward.

    "And I truly hope for a resolution for the entire industry very soon."

    The decision received support from CBS Media Ventures, which produces 'The Drew Barrymore Show'.

    The company told 'Entertainment Tonight': "We support Drew's decision to pause the show's return and understand how complex and difficult this process has been for her."

    Drew previously took to Instagram to offer an emotional apology for her decision to return amid the writers' strike.

    The actress also explained that she thought it was the best route forward at the time.

    In a now-deleted video, Drew shared: "I wanted to own a decision so that it wasn't a PR-protected situation and I would just take full responsibility for my actions.

    "I know there's just nothing I can do that will make this OK for those it is not OK with. I fully accept that. I fully understand that."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A boost for the retail sector, as sales increase across the country More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    A boost for the retail sector, as sales increase across the country 11:57

    Auckland:
    A person whose car flipped after hitting a tree in South Auckland last Tuesday - died on Thursday 11:17

    Business:
    Satellite imaging is now vital for disaster management. But there are dangerous gaps in our systems 11:17

    International:
    Micro-interventions to reduce stress in your day 11:17

    Athletics:
    A tricky decision looms for Athletics New Zealand as to which female pole vaulters they select for the world indoor championships in Poland from March 20 to 22 11:07

    Motoring:
    Nascar driver Shane van Gisbergen has advanced up the field at the latest race in Georgia 11:07

    National:
    How could Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be removed from the line of succession to the throne? 10:37

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to break into Trump's Mar-a-Lago 10:27

    National:
    Trump hikes global tariffs to 15% as the fallout from Supreme Court loss continues 10:27

    National:
    Gaza’s cultural sites have been decimated. UNESCO’s muted response sets a dangerous precedent 10:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd