News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 8:28
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs has asked a judge to stop potential witnesses speaking out about the allegations against him

    The 54-year-old rapper - who was arrested in September over charges of sex trafficking, racketeering, and transportation to engage in prostitution, and is also facing a number of civil lawsuits - and his legal team filed a motion on Sunday (03.11.24) asking the court to expedite the process of responding to the request to restrict statements made outside of court, citing one potential witness in particular


    According to TMZ, a man named Courtney Burgess has given multiple interviews in recent days, including speaking to them with his lawyer, Ariel Mitchell, on Thursday (31.10.24), and the 'I'll Be Missing You' hitmaker insisted his statements have been untrue and defamatory.

    Ariel told TMZ Courtney had been called to testify because he has, or has seen, salacious videos of the disgraced music mogul and his celebrity friends but Combs' lawyers specifically cited information in articles from another outlet that erroneously stated the rapper's so-called 'Freak Offs' involved "men" and "parties".

    According to the legal documents, the government has been investigating the rapper for almost a year and know the alleged Freak Offs didn't involve men, minors, or parties, and by not treating such claims as an "extortion scam", online conspiracies are being further fuelled and the lawyers argued it is growing impossible for their client to receive a fair trial as a result.

    Combs has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing since he was arrested on a federal indictment in September.

    He is being held without bail after pleading not guilty.

    And a few weeks ago, he insisted the "truth will prevail" after six new civil lawsuits were filed, with four including male accusers and one alleged victim stating he was 16 years old when he was invited to one of Combs' parties in 1998.

    In a statement, the musician's lawyers said: "The press conference and 1-800 number that preceded today's barrage of filings were clear attempts to garner publicity.

    "Mr Combs and his legal team have full confidence in the facts, their legal defenses, and the integrity of the judicial process.

    "In court, the truth will prevail: that Mr Combs has never sexually assaulted anyone - adult or minor, man or woman."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Jodie Sweetin first drank alcohol at Cadance Cameron Bure's wedding when she was just 14
     30 Nov: Sir David Beckham amuses fans by recreating his "be honest" moment from his documentary
     30 Nov: Keith Urban helped a contestant reshape her song about marriage during the latest episode of his CBS/Paramount+ reality series The Road
     30 Nov: Selma Blair feels "very, very lucky" to have been in remission from Multiple Sclerosis for a "couple of years"
     30 Nov: Ethan Hawke's daughters wish he hadn't appeared in a Taylor Swift music video
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly has compared his intimate skills to those of a Formula 1 driver
     29 Nov: Arnold Schwarzenegger has detailed how a visit to mark Veterans Day inspired him to organise a private film screening for former service members
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok skipper Siya Kolisi is sticking up for Eben Etzebeth , despite the big lock being sent off for eye gouging in South Africa's huge 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    International:
    Why Barbados became a republic and cut ties with the British monarchy 8:27

    Hockey:
    The New Zealand men's have lost to Belgium 5-1 in their final pool match at 2025 Sultan of Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia  8:17

    Entertainment:
    Jodie Sweetin first drank alcohol at Cadance Cameron Bure's wedding when she was just 14 8:08

    Soccer:
    Auckland United have achieved their third consecutive women's national league title with a one-nil win over Eastern Suburbs in their final in Auckland 8:07

    Motoring:
    Kiwi Formula One driver Liam Lawson will start 12th on the grid for tomorrow's Qatar Grand Prix 7:57

    Motoring:
    Chaz Mostert has kept his Supercars title hopes alive after a remarkable drive in the penultimate race of the season in Adelaide 7:47

    Entertainment:
    Sir David Beckham amuses fans by recreating his "be honest" moment from his documentary 7:38

    Rugby:
    Springbok skipper Siya Kolisi is sticking up for Eben Etzebeth , despite the big lock being sent off for eye gouging in South Africa's huge 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff 7:37

    Motoring:
    Qualifying is underway for Formula One's Qatar Grand Prix 7:27

    Soccer:
    Sunderland is a surprise fourth in the English Premier League after a 3-2 win over Bournemouth 7:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd