News | Entertainment
30 Aug 2025 11:53
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Gary Busey has pleaded guilty to groping a woman at a New Jersey horror film convention

    The 81-year-old actor admitted that he deliberately touched a woman inappropriately whilst posing with fans as he pleaded guilty to criminal sexual misconduct at a virtual court appearance on Thursday (31.07.25)


    The incident occurred at the Monster-Mania Con in August 2022 as Busey was accused of groping several women who filed reports with the police.

    The Lethal Weapon star was charged with two counts of criminal sexual contact in the fourth degree, one count of attempting criminal sexual contact in the fourth degree and one disorderly count of harassment.

    Under the plea agreement, prosecutors will drop the remaining charges against Busey - who faces between one to five years of probation and fines.

    He has also agreed not to contact the victim.

    Busey - who appeared distracted during the hearing and was scolded by judge Gwendolyn Blue for drinking from a soda can - will be sentenced on September 18.

    The Buddy Holly Story actor's guilty plea comes after he initially claimed that the women had made up their accusations.

    Busey told TMZ in 2022: "None of that happened.

    "There were a partner, a camera lady, and me and two girls. It took less than 10 seconds, and then they left. Then, they made up this story that I assaulted them sexually - but I did not."

    It is not the first time that the Oscar-nominated actor has fallen foul of the law as he faced drug charges in 1995 after being hospitalised following a near-fatal cocaine overdose.

    The Point Break star - who suffered permanent brain damage in a 1988 motorcycle accident - has previously been arrested on charges of spousal abuse and was also accused of sexual assault by a female employee when he took part in the Celebrity Apprentice in 2011.

    Busey's son Luke previously recalled how the motorcycle accident completely changed his father's personality after he underwent brain surgery to recover from his serious injuries.

    He told The Hollywood Reporter: "At 17, I had to teach him with my mom to talk, to eat, to feed himself. To walk again. To write. That was very difficult for me at that age. The post-accident version of him turned his personality up to 11. I feel like I lost my dad on December 4, 1988."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     30 Aug: Rachel Zegler feels "indebted" to Steven Spielberg
     30 Aug: Henry Winkler thought his "life [was] over" when Ron Howard quit Happy Days
     30 Aug: George Clooney is said to have been forced to scale back his commitments at the Venice Film Festival after falling ill on the opening day
     30 Aug: Emma Heming Willis made the "hardest decision" by moving her husband Bruce Willis into a separate home
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Black Ferns have rallied around loose forward Kaipo Olsen-Baker ahead of their second Rugby World Cup match against Japan in Exeter More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Hopes the Reserve Bank Chair's decision to step down will put an end to the debacle surrounding the former Governor's resignation More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce 11:46

    Motorsports:
    Racing Bulls driver Liam Lawson is determined to produce strong results for his team at Formula One's Dutch Grand Prix  11:37

    Rugby:
    The Black Ferns have rallied around loose forward Kaipo Olsen-Baker ahead of their second Rugby World Cup match against Japan in Exeter 11:27

    Entertainment:
    Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour 11:16

    Politics:
    Infrastructure New Zealand says National and Labour should come together to back longer parliamentary and council terms 11:07

    Business:
    Hopes the Reserve Bank Chair's decision to step down will put an end to the debacle surrounding the former Governor's resignation 10:47

    Rugby League:
    Another game, another heap of praise from Warriors coach Andrew Webster for teenager Leka Halasima despite their 26-22 NRL defeat by the Eels at Mt Smart 10:47

    Entertainment:
    Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers" 10:46

    Politics:
    Hobson's Pledge is defending its decision to use Rotorua's Mayor in its campaign against Maori wards, without her permission 10:27

    Entertainment:
    Rachel Zegler feels "indebted" to Steven Spielberg 10:16


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd