News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 22:57
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Billy Ray Cyrus is said to be "relieved" that his marriage to Firerose is over

    The 62-year-old country singer filed for divorce from the singer - whose real name is Johanna Hodges - in May after just over six months of marriage and now insiders have claimed that he believes that she did not marry him for love


    A source told People: "He is more relieved every day that he's done with his marriage. His instincts have been correct all along. He believes she only married him for financial and other reasons. He's convinced that she didn't marry him for love."

    The comments come just days after Billy Ray's legal team branded Firerose's allegations against him "confusing and suspicious", following the news that she had accused him of exhibiting "extreme verbal, emotional and psychological abuse".

    But in a statement, Billy Ray's lawyers have hit back at her allegations as they claimed she "begged" him to reconcile days after he applied to formally end their marriage.

    The statement added: "If Mr. Cyrus was truly guilty of the allegations that [Firerose] alleges in her pleadings, then it is mindboggling to try and explain why she would want to return to live with him.

    "Furthermore, she was pleading with him to give her a chance to explain everything to him."

    After Firerose, 36, filed her divorce petition on 14 June, Billy Ray's team responded and submitted their own complaint on 17 June, a supplement to his initial annulment and divorce complaint that was lodged on 23 May.

    He alleged his estranged wife "had been conducting a campaign to isolate" him from his family and blocked him from communicating with a daughter since the May filing, and also included a handwritten note he claimed had been penned by Firerose.

    His lawyers, Rose Palermo and Jason Talley, told People Billy Ray had "discovered" the letter in which Firerose was "professing her love and need to be with Mr. Cyrus" when he returned to his home two days after she "was required, by Court Order, to vacate his residence of over 25 years."

    The note read: "I miss you more than I can possibly explain in words Baby.

    "Please let's work this out and not become anything but closer out of this hellish experience.

    "I need you. I love you. I am so sorry."

    The 'Achy Breaky Heart' hitmaker - who split from Tish Cyrus in 2022 after almost 30 years of marriage - began dating Firerose in 2022, but had met her more than a decade before, when she was auditioning for a project at the same studios where he and Miley Cyrus, 31, filmed 'Hannah Montana' for the Disney Channel.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    State Highway 1 The Desert Road from across the central plateau is closed Rangipo to Waiouru 21:57

    Living & Travel:
    The wild weather's causing major disruptions to ground operations at Auckland Airport 21:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd