News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 11:50
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs has asked a judge to stop potential witnesses speaking out about the allegations against him

    The 54-year-old rapper - who was arrested in September over charges of sex trafficking, racketeering, and transportation to engage in prostitution, and is also facing a number of civil lawsuits - and his legal team filed a motion on Sunday (03.11.24) asking the court to expedite the process of responding to the request to restrict statements made outside of court, citing one potential witness in particular


    According to TMZ, a man named Courtney Burgess has given multiple interviews in recent days, including speaking to them with his lawyer, Ariel Mitchell, on Thursday (31.10.24), and the 'I'll Be Missing You' hitmaker insisted his statements have been untrue and defamatory.

    Ariel told TMZ Courtney had been called to testify because he has, or has seen, salacious videos of the disgraced music mogul and his celebrity friends but Combs' lawyers specifically cited information in articles from another outlet that erroneously stated the rapper's so-called 'Freak Offs' involved "men" and "parties".

    According to the legal documents, the government has been investigating the rapper for almost a year and know the alleged Freak Offs didn't involve men, minors, or parties, and by not treating such claims as an "extortion scam", online conspiracies are being further fuelled and the lawyers argued it is growing impossible for their client to receive a fair trial as a result.

    Combs has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing since he was arrested on a federal indictment in September.

    He is being held without bail after pleading not guilty.

    And a few weeks ago, he insisted the "truth will prevail" after six new civil lawsuits were filed, with four including male accusers and one alleged victim stating he was 16 years old when he was invited to one of Combs' parties in 1998.

    In a statement, the musician's lawyers said: "The press conference and 1-800 number that preceded today's barrage of filings were clear attempts to garner publicity.

    "Mr Combs and his legal team have full confidence in the facts, their legal defenses, and the integrity of the judicial process.

    "In court, the truth will prevail: that Mr Combs has never sexually assaulted anyone - adult or minor, man or woman."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jimmy Barnes is heading back to New Zealand - to celebrate his landmark album, For the Working Class Man, turning 40 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta's lamenting the often stop-start nature of their Premier League football clash away to Chelsea 11:37

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 11:17

    National:
    ‘Make the platforms safer’: what young people really think about the social media ban 11:17

    Motorsports:
    McLaren team principal Andrea Stella admits a wrong tactical decision cost them success at Formula One's Qatar Grand Prix 11:07

    Law and Order:
    Police have named a man killed in an altercation in New Plymouth last month - as 68-year-old Martin James Mooney 10:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 10:37

    Business:
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study 10:37

    Politics:
    Powers to move homeless people on from city centres, could be confirmed by Christmas 10:27

    Auckland:
    NZ now has a narrow window to stop the Asian yellow-legged hornet – here’s how everyone can help 10:27

    National:
    Trump wants Australian data on migrant crime. This will only scapegoat vulnerable people 10:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd