News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 11:30
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Harry has officially dec lared the US is his new home

    The Duke of Sussex, 39, sensationally quit royal duties and Britain in 2020 to move to America with his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, 42, as part of their 'Megxit' deal - but said at a charity event at the time: "The UK is my home and a place that I love. That will never change"


    But four years after his declaration, the Daily Mail has revealed Harry - who has son Archie, four, and two-year-old daughter Lilibet with Meghan - has updated his records in the UK country to make clear he's no longer a resident of Britain.

    The publication revealed filings published by Companies House on Wednesday (17.04.24) for a "Prince Henry Charles Albert David Duke of Sussex" show his address has changed.

    They state his "New Country/State Usually Resident" is now America - when it was previously recorded as the UK.

    The change - revealed in filings for Harry's eco travel venture Travalyst - comes as pressure mounts for US President Joe Biden's administration to release Harry's visa records.

    In March, it was revealed Harry's immigration papers were to be scoured by a judge.

    Sensitive material relating to his move to the States were to be released to Judge Carl Nichols after he ordered the US Department of Homeland Security to hand them over for his review while he decides whether to make them public.

    The judge's move came after the official told the DHS its arguments in the case so far were "insufficiently detailed" for him to make a decision.

    DHS bosses are now set to give him declarations explaining the "particular harm" that would arise from the disclosure of Harry's visa application.

    A month earlier, judge Nichols heard from DHS and the Heritage Foundation, which is seeking to release the material as part of a Freedom of Information request it filed last year.

    The think tank claims Harry could have lied about taking drugs in his immigration paperwork despite admitting doing cocaine and marijuana in his memoir 'Spare' and talking about his use of drugs on his Netflix show.

    If Harry did not admit the truth about his use of outlawed substances he could be removed from the US or be barred by a border agent.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fonterra is raising its forecast payout to farmers, following the latest rise in global dairy prices More...



     Today's News

    Politics:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released under investigation after almost 10 hours in custody 11:27

    National:
    Why has Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor been arrested, and what legal protections do the royal family have? 11:17

    Athletics:
    Pole vaulter Imogen Ayris' career-best form has continued at the world athletics indoor tour gold meet in France 11:07

    Golf:
    Golfer Ryan Fox has birdied two of his first three holes and bogeyed the fourth in the opening round at the latest PGA Tour event 11:07

    Skiing:
    Ally Hickman showed her grit at 2026 Winter Olympics after heavy fall on second run 11:07

    Business:
    Fonterra is raising its forecast payout to farmers, following the latest rise in global dairy prices 10:47

    Business:
    Fonterra's announced an extra dividend for farmers - as it pushes ahead with the sale of its consumer arm 10:27

    National:
    Why Michelangelo’s ‘Last Judgment’ endures 10:07

    International:
    Donald Trump suggests a decision on Iran is likely within 10 days 10:07

    Business:
    Confidence among Auckland businesses has surged to its highest level since 2022, according to the latest survey from the Auckland Business Chamber 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd