News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 21:43
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Eminem has revealed why he never gets writer's block

    The rapper, 52, whose prolific output spans 12 solo studio albums, said he beats the potential problem by constantly noting down ideas in a book he keeps with him at all times


    He says in his new documentary Stans: "Every time I write, there's different stages of it and that's one of the reasons why I keep a book now and I never get writer's block.

    "I'm always able to go back in my book and have unlimited ideas. Sometimes I just write my rhyming words down and not the stuff in between, so that it can't be put together if someone finds it."

    Eminem's new film tells his story in his voice and through famous fans including Ed Sheeran and Dr Dre.

    It comes after Eminem and Dr Dre were accused of leaving radio DJ Jo Whiley feeling "tiny and stupid".

    The BBC Radio 2 presenter, 60, made the allegation while speaking on her Dig It podcast in which she recalled being left devastated while interviewing the two rap superstars.

    She said: "I remember interviewing Eminem and Dr Dre one time and that was horrible. I'd interviewed Eminem when he was very young and he was very shy and polite.

    "He kept calling me "ma'am" all the time and he was really, really sweet and humble. Then a couple of years later he came back on the show but with Dr Dre and the fame had happened and he was just this other creature altogether.

    "They were just so playful with me - and can I just say they made me feel so tiny and so stupid."

    Jo shared the story when asked if she had ever been starstruck during an interview.

    She spoke alongside her co-host Zoe Ball, 46, revealing the interview had been a "really unpleasant experience".

    Jo's reflection on the interview follows her candid discussion about her struggles with anxiety at the height of her DJing career in the 1990s.

    Speaking to Women's Health, Jo explained: "I remember doing one gig and I was just so scared, I thought I can't go on like this. This is ridiculous. It's ruining my life because I'm just such a ball of anxiety.

    "But then I realised how happy it was making people when I do these gigs and that was a game changer."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    The wild weather's causing major disruptions to ground operations at Auckland Airport 21:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17

    Rugby:
    Damning claims from a former Welsh rugby international about New Zealand Rugby Players Association boss Rob Nichol 16:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd