News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 15:41
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jonathan Cheban has allegedly been robbed at gunpoint

    The 46-year-old reality star - who is known for being close pals with the Kardashian family, particularly Kim Kardashian West - was allegedly robbed of his $250,000 watch over the weekend, when a man threatened him, his friend, and his mother with a gun


    Law enforcement sources explained to TMZ that Jonathan spent the evening with his mother and a friend on Sunday (02.08.20), in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, and the trio were out at a mall before they headed to his friend’s place.

    Once there, it has been claimed a man approached them to ask for the time, before pulling out a gun and pointing it directly at Jonathan’s mother’s head.

    Jonathan - who is also known as Foodgod - then told the man to take whatever he wanted, and he ended up grabbing the Richard Mille watch.

    There was also allegedly a second gunman on the scene who was keeping watch, and both perpetrators are believed to have fled on foot when neighbours came out to see what was going on.

    Englewood Cliffs police told TMZ officers were on the scene within a minute of the call to get a description of the suspects, and although a K9 unit was used to track the suspects and potential evidence, the search is yet to yield any results.

    The scary incident comes almost four years after Jonathan’s best friend Kim, 39, was robbed at gunpoint in Paris, France, in October 2016.

    Five gunmen posed as police officers to break into the ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ star’s hotel room, where they bound and gagged her with handcuffs and tape before making away with more than $10 million worth of jewellery.

    Kim later admitted the “horrific” ordeal allowed her to reflect on her "self-worth" and how she shouldn't be defined by how much money she has to her name.

    She said: "My life has definitely changed a lot in the last two years.

    "For a good year, I almost lost myself. I was never depressed, but I wasn't motivated to get up and work like I used to. It shook me.

    "There was a lot of me that measured who I was by how much I had. I thought, 'Oh, I'm worth so much.’ That needed to change in me.

    “I'm grateful for the experience. Even though it was horrific and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, it really did deeply change me to where now I feel like I can get back to myself.

    "I felt like I was living in a bubble, and that opened me up to so much."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     30 Nov: Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     30 Nov: Will Arnett adores his 1990s supermodel girlfriend Carolyn Murphy's "generous spirit"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival 15:38

    Politics:
    Labour plans to make it easier for doctors and nurse practitioners, to open or buy into local clinics, with low-interest loans 15:27

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban 15:08

    Golf:
    Golfer Ryan Fox has carded a three-under par 68 in his final round at the Australian PGA Championship in Brisbane 15:07

    Cricket:
    England pace bowler Mark Wood is set to be ruled out of the second Ashes Test with a knee injury...in a massive blow to the tourists' hopes at the Gabba 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07

    Soccer:
    No excuses for Auckland FC ahead of today's A-League match with Newcastle at Mt Smart 13:47

    Entertainment:
    Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002 13:38


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd