News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 7:51
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Ellen DeGeneres' brother Vance claims she is "being viciously attacked"

    The 62-year-old television star's older sibling has described his sister as a "bright light in a dark world" and hit back against allegations that staff were subjected to a "toxic work environment"


    Producers on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' have been accused of bullying by several former employees, as well as sexual misconduct claims being placed against two of the show's top ex ecutives Whilst Ellen was not accused of any wrongdoing in the allegations, she sent a letter of apology to her staff last week over their experiences.

    Now, her 65-year-old brother has tweeted: "If you think Ellen would knowingly allow bullying or racism on her show, you don't know my sister.

    "She has been and continues to be a bright light in a dark world. She's one of the kindest, most generous people you'll ever meet. And one of the funniest."

    Vance also took to Facebook to address the recent events as he described it as "bulls***".

    He wrote: "Ok, I need to say something. My sister is being viciously attacked. And let me assure you - it is all bulls***.

    "I put up a simple statement yesterday that said 'I stand by Ellen.' Only a handful of my Facebook 'friends' responded to it.

    "If you don't support Ellen, then you don't support me, so please unfriend. I'm suck and tired of my sister being attacked. She always has - and always will - stand against bullying of any kind.

    "She's a smart, strong woman who has made a positive difference in the world. And to my friends who did respond with support for Ellen and my family, thank you so much. It means a lot."

    letter of apology to her staff last week over their experiences.

    Speculation had been rife that the 62-year-old host could be replaced on the programme due to the scandal but now a production source has told TODAY that "no one is stepping in or taking over".

    It has also been confirmed that an internal probe by Warner Media is currently taking place and involves a third-party firm.

    Series staff - comprised of 150 people - returned remotely to work after the summer hiatus on Monday (03.08.20) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, show spokesperson Melissa Little Padgitt confirmed.

    A spokesperson for Ellen insists 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' - which is produced by Telepictures - is scheduled to return on September 9 and spin-off programme 'Ellen's Game of Games' will begin shooting in the studio on August 24.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A number of farms are converting to dairy, but cow numbers still lag behind previous peaks More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    A number of farms are converting to dairy, but cow numbers still lag behind previous peaks 7:47

    Hockey:
    To hockey's Sultan Aslan Shah Cup in Malaysia 7:47

    Business:
    Business as usual is expected at Air New Zealand and Jetstar today - after warnings solar radiation could interfere with onboard computers on Airbus A320 aircraft 7:37

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 7:37

    Motorsports:
    The Formula One championship race will come down to next week's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 7:37

    Politics:
    Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu formally asks to be pardoned from corruption charges 7:07

    Health & Safety:
    Health officials have released three new locations of interest in Wellington - as one new case is confirmed in the capital 4:47

    Politics:
    Labour says general practices using its low-interest loans, should be able to repay them within 10 years 4:37

    Environment:
    Indonesia flood death toll climbs amid cyclone devastation 23:27

    International:
    Ukraine hits two Russian 'shadow fleet' oil tankers with naval drones in the Black Sea 23:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd