News | Entertainment
30 Aug 2025 23:03
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson have been "separated for a while"

    The 44-year-old star announced her split from her husband of 10 years on Tuesday (14.01.25), explaining that they've been "navigating a painful situation", and now it's been claimed that the exes - who have Maxi, 12, Ace, 11, and Birdie, five, together - went their separate ways for some time ago.


    A source told PEOPLE: "They have been separated for a while."

    The insider added:"Jess is doing OK."

    The pair are putting all their "focus" on their brood.

    A source told E! News: "They are both great parents and the kids are 100 per cent their focus."

    The former couple have already put their Hidden Hills mansion up for sale.

    Jessica and Eric purchased the property back in 2013, but decided to put it on the market for $17.9 million following their separation.

    The mansion was previously put up for sale in September 2023, with Jessica setting an asking price of $22 million.

    However, the listing was removed in August last year, when Jessica failed to find a buyer.

    In a statement confirming their breakup, Jessica told PEOPLE: "Eric and I have been living separately navigating a painful situation in our marriage.

    "Our children come first, and we are focusing on what is best for them. We are grateful for all of the love and support that has been coming our way, and appreciate privacy right now as we work through this as a family."

    The split comes just two years after Jessica praised her spouse for the "little things" he did to keep their romance alive.

    The pop star told 'Access' in 2023: "It's good to keep the romance there, even with three kids on top of our head. It's hard, but he'll leave me little notes, because he'll wake up earlier than me. He'll leave me little letters.

    "There's a lot of things that make me like, 'I can't wait to get my hands on him later.' I think you have to have those little things as a couple that are just between you two."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Canterbury are showing no signs of relinquishing their dominance of the 20-25 men's NPC More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    A Powerball player from Opotiki has won $12.5 million in tonight's Lotto draw 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Three people are seriously injured after a car crashed in the small Waikato town of Karamu, about 7:30 this evening 21:17

    Business:
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions 18:57

    Rugby:
    Canterbury are showing no signs of relinquishing their dominance of the 20-25 men's NPC 18:37

    Business:
    A range of salad products, sold at supermarkets, have been recalled for potentially containing metal filings 18:07

    Tennis:
    To the US tennis Open, where Brit Cameron Norrie's lost his seventh match from seven outings against Novak Djokovic 17:37

    Rugby:
    The Canterbury men's rugby team have maintained their unbeaten run in the NPC 17:27

    International:
    One of the most popular apps in the US is 'fuelling a gender divide', experts warn 17:07

    Rugby:
    South Africa may not have been at their best so far in an up-and-down Rugby Championship but a former Springbok is tipping his old side to get up big-time for the All Blacks 16:57

    Motoring:
    High winds are expected on Auckland's Harbour Bridge through to nine this evening 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd