News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 11:42
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Gary Busey has pleaded guilty to groping a woman at a New Jersey horror film convention

    The 81-year-old actor admitted that he deliberately touched a woman inappropriately whilst posing with fans as he pleaded guilty to criminal sexual misconduct at a virtual court appearance on Thursday (31.07.25)


    The incident occurred at the Monster-Mania Con in August 2022 as Busey was accused of groping several women who filed reports with the police.

    The Lethal Weapon star was charged with two counts of criminal sexual contact in the fourth degree, one count of attempting criminal sexual contact in the fourth degree and one disorderly count of harassment.

    Under the plea agreement, prosecutors will drop the remaining charges against Busey - who faces between one to five years of probation and fines.

    He has also agreed not to contact the victim.

    Busey - who appeared distracted during the hearing and was scolded by judge Gwendolyn Blue for drinking from a soda can - will be sentenced on September 18.

    The Buddy Holly Story actor's guilty plea comes after he initially claimed that the women had made up their accusations.

    Busey told TMZ in 2022: "None of that happened.

    "There were a partner, a camera lady, and me and two girls. It took less than 10 seconds, and then they left. Then, they made up this story that I assaulted them sexually - but I did not."

    It is not the first time that the Oscar-nominated actor has fallen foul of the law as he faced drug charges in 1995 after being hospitalised following a near-fatal cocaine overdose.

    The Point Break star - who suffered permanent brain damage in a 1988 motorcycle accident - has previously been arrested on charges of spousal abuse and was also accused of sexual assault by a female employee when he took part in the Celebrity Apprentice in 2011.

    Busey's son Luke previously recalled how the motorcycle accident completely changed his father's personality after he underwent brain surgery to recover from his serious injuries.

    He told The Hollywood Reporter: "At 17, I had to teach him with my mom to talk, to eat, to feed himself. To walk again. To write. That was very difficult for me at that age. The post-accident version of him turned his personality up to 11. I feel like I lost my dad on December 4, 1988."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The USA has drawn 31-all with Australia at the women's Rugby World Cup, with wins overnight for Scotland, Canada and England More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    A man has been jailed for three years and nine months after ramming his car into a crowd helping his injured girlfriend 11:27

    Politics:
    'Boot camps' and early intervention part of NT government's plan to prevent youth crime 11:17

    Politics:
    Three dead after angry mob sets fire to parliament building in Indonesia 10:57

    Environment:
    A south-westerly wind change could bring damaging gusts to the North Island, across the day 10:47

    Education:
    These pro-Palestine activists spoke up. A 'nefarious' website is now after them 10:37

    Health & Safety:
    A warning the increase in deaths and hospitalisations from stimulant overdoses - is likely just the beginning 10:27

    Living & Travel:
    A popular Auckland park is closing to the public - in anticipation of extreme winds 10:17

    Living & Travel:
    A Powerball player from Opotiki has won $12.5 million in last night's Lotto draw 10:17

    Rugby League:
    Canberra coach Ricky Stuart believes his club is under-appreciated by the Sydney-centric rugby league establishment 10:07

    Soccer:
    The newly promoted teams have made a mark in Round 3 of the English Premier League 9:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd