News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 13:29
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Isla Fisher went thought a "tough couple of years" but she's now embracing her "new identity as somebody outside of a partnership"

    The 49-year-old actress is single again following the breakdown of her marriage to Sacha Baron Cohen and she's admitted her life has totally changed and she's trying to adapt by staying as "as buoyant as possible"


    She told Harper's Bazaar magazine: "I've had a tough couple of years, but I'm making it through. I'm really excited for the next chapter.

    "I'm refocusing on my career, because previously I was very much focused on my kids, which I still am, obviously, because [they're] my true love. But I'm enjoying tackling work again."

    She added: "That's been one of the benefits of a challenging situation: the luxury of asking myself, What would I like to do professionally and privately? ...

    "I'm trying to remind myself of my new identity as somebody outside of a partnership and to stay as buoyant as possible. Any time there's change, it's hard to adapt. But hopefully I'm doing an okay job."

    The former couple - who have three children together - announced their split in April 2025 and last month they revealed their divorce had been finalised, allowing them both to move forward.

    In a joint statement posted on Instagram, the former Hollywood couple explained: "Our divorce has now been finalised. We are proud of all we've achieved together and, continuing our great respect for each other, we remain friends and committed to co-parenting our wonderful children.

    "We ask for the media to continue to respect our children's privacy."

    Isla previously called her divorce the "most difficult thing" she's been through, but insisted at the time that she and the Borat star remained focused on their children. She told The Sunday Times newspaper: "I've learned so much about myself in the process. I never imagined my family being separated, but we are committed and loving parents ...

    "Kids are the most important thing, and you want them to really feel safe and loved. We are building a new, healthy version of what our family looks like and putting as much care and love into it as possible."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    All Blacks returnee Caleb Clarke's revealed the message of the senior Auckland players to the group after an oh-and-four start to rugby's NPC More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    Shane van Gisbergen will have to resist the urge to cross motorsport disciplines - for the most part - while he's racing in NASCAR 13:07

    Law and Order:
    Police seize more than $70m in tobacco and vape products in historic bust 12:47

    Rugby:
    All Blacks returnee Caleb Clarke's revealed the message of the senior Auckland players to the group after an oh-and-four start to rugby's NPC 12:27

    Rugby League:
    The Raiders believe their Canberra fortress will be a huge factor in navigating the NRL play-offs 11:57

    Law and Order:
    A man has been jailed for three years and nine months after ramming his car into a crowd helping his injured girlfriend 11:27

    Politics:
    'Boot camps' and early intervention part of NT government's plan to prevent youth crime 11:17

    Politics:
    Three dead after angry mob sets fire to parliament building in Indonesia 10:57

    Environment:
    A south-westerly wind change could bring damaging gusts to the North Island, across the day 10:47

    Education:
    These pro-Palestine activists spoke up. A 'nefarious' website is now after them 10:37

    Health & Safety:
    A warning the increase in deaths and hospitalisations from stimulant overdoses - is likely just the beginning 10:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd