News | Entertainment
1 Sep 2025 0:09
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sophie Turner has hit back after she was criticised for going out with her friends

    The Game of Thrones actress - who has Willa, four, and Delphine, two, with ex-husband Joe Jonas - shared some photos and videos of herself and her friends watching Oasis at London's Wembley Stadium last week, prompting an allegation she had "forgotten" about her daughters, much to her annoyance


    A comment on her Instagram post read: "lmfao i think she has forgotten that she has two kids."

    Sophie hit back: "ah I'm so sorry sometimes I forget some people can't think for themselves.

    "So.... Get this....There's this crazy thing called shared custody. Maybe, just maybe, they were with their dad that day."

    Joe previously praised 29-year-old Sophie - who he split from in 2023 after four years of marriage - as a great role model for their daughters.

    He said: "Having an incredible mum, Sophie, for those girls is like a dream come true.

    "As young girls, looking up to great women is what I want for them. I think what values I want for them are to be open-minded and have a big heart."

    Joe added he hopes Willa and Delphine will "be able to walk into any room and feel confidence and know that they can do literally anything they want."

    And the Sucker singer is happy with the co-parenting relationship he and the 29-year-old actress have established.

    He told the School of Greatness podcast: "I have a great co-parenting relationship, which is really important to me."

    He described being a father to his "beautiful" children as "the greatest joy and journey", while praising the influence Sophie has on their kids.

    He added: "My little ones have some incredible women to look up to, including their mom."

    When Joe initially filed for divorce two years ago, he requested "shared parental responsibility" and a "parenting plan".

    However, just two weeks after the documents were filed, Sophie sued the Jonas Brothers singer over the alleged "wrongful retention" of their children in New York City, away "from their habitual residence of England".

    The following month, the confirmed they had reached a custody agreement.

    In a joint statement, they said at the time: "After a productive and successful mediation, we have agreed that the children will spend time equally in loving homes in both the US and the UK.

    "We look forward to being great co-parents."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    State Highway 1 The Desert Road from across the central plateau is closed Rangipo to Waiouru 21:57

    Living & Travel:
    The wild weather's causing major disruptions to ground operations at Auckland Airport 21:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd