News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 5:21
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Melanie C says the Spice Girls are "constantly" talking about going on tour

    The iconic girl group reunited for a tour last year and they've subsequently discussed the possibility of heading out on the road again - but Melanie has warned fans they shouldn't hold their breath


    The 46-year-old pop star said: "Trust me, it's a miracle we ever do anything, because we're impossible, but when we do, it's like the stars align and magic happens."

    Melanie reunited with Mel B, Emma Bunton and Geri Horner for their money-spinning tour in 2019.

    However, Victoria Beckham opted not to join them on the road, and Melanie admitted that her absence left a "bittersweet" feeling.

    She told the BBC: "Not having Victoria on stage last year, you know, it was bittersweet. The shows were phenomenal but there was someone missing."

    Melanie also thinks the band made a mistake in not filming their shows.

    She said: "We shied away from having a DVD, because people came from all over the world and they saved and they spent all this money to see us, so there's part of you that wants it to be a unique experience, this magical moment in time.

    "But so many people have been upset about it - and we are too, actually, because it'd be lovely just to look back and enjoy it all over again. So hopefully, if we get our act together, we'll make another time to get up there and get it recorded properly."

    Despite this, Melanie still relished the experience of reuniting with the group.

    She shared: "Being on stage with the girls made me feel so buoyant and so positive. We didn't really get the whole legacy and the impact until last year."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    International:
    Tracking the US military build-up ahead of possible Iran attack 4:36

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC gaffer Steve Corica is pivoting to a game plan without Sam Cosgrove for Saturday's derby against the Phoenix in Wellington 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    St John is assessing 19 patients after a chemical incident in Horowhenua's Levin this evening 21:17

    Law and Order:
    South Korea's ex-president Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life in prison over insurrection 21:07

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 20:37

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026 quick guide: What to watch on Day 13 20:07

    General:
    What is Skimo? The sport preparing to steal the show at the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympic Games 19:17

    Cricket:
    New Zealand cricket captain Mitch Santner has no qualms about changing countries for the next stage of the T20 World Cup 18:57

    Politics:
    The Government's pushing ahead with plans for a mega-ministry 18:37

    Basketball:
    Breakers forward Reuben Te Rangi is imploring his side to close out their Australian NBL regular season with a win 18:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd