News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 23:35
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Ben Affleck has praised "spectacular" Jennifer Lopez

    The 52-year-old actor - whose estranged wife filed for divorce three months ago after just two years of marriage - and his friend Matt Damon's Artists Equity have produced the 55-year-old singer-and-actress' new movie 'Unstoppable', and despite their personal turmoil, the 'Accountant' star is still a fan of Jennifer's work


    Asked about the film's early positive reviews, Ben compared it to his other current project, the Cillian Murphy-starring 'Small Things Like These', and told 'Entertainment Tonight': "'Unstoppable' is a very different movie than this but in a way it's similarly rooted in the passion of really talented artists.

    "[Director] Billy Goldenberg and Jennifer [Lopez] and Don Cheadle and Jharrel [Jerome], and Bobby Cannavale, all were really passionate about this film...

    "Jennifer is spectacular.

    "['Unstoppable' is] another one that we're really really proud of. We believed in the right people [in 'Small Things Like These'] and 'Unstoppable' is another example of that."

    Last month, the 'Hustlers' actress admitted ending her marriage to Ben almost took her out "for good" but she doesn't regret her decision.

    Jennifer - who was previously married to Ojani Noa, Cris Judd, and Marc Anthony - told Nikki Glaser in a conversation for Interview magazine: "I was thinking about this time in my life, and I'm like, 'That's not what I thought it was going to turn out like.' And then I thought, 'No, this is exactly where I needed to be, to lead me to where I want to go.'"

    Asked if she doesn't regret the pain she went through, she added: "Not one second. That doesn't mean it didn't almost take me out for good. It almost did.

    "But now, on the other side of it, I think to myself, 'F***, that is exactly what I needed. Thank you, god. I'm sorry it took me so long. I'm sorry that you had to do this to me so many times. I should have learned it two or three times ago. I get it. You had to hit me really hard over the head with a f****** sledgehammer. You dropped the house on me. Don't have to do it again.' "

    The 'On the Floor' hitmaker - who didn't mention Ben by name throughout the interview - admitted it has been "f****** hard" being along and there are times she has felt "sad" and "desperate" but she knows she will be fine on her own.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    State Highway 1 The Desert Road from across the central plateau is closed Rangipo to Waiouru 21:57

    Living & Travel:
    The wild weather's causing major disruptions to ground operations at Auckland Airport 21:17

    Accident and Emergency:
    A person's died at the scene of a single-vehicle crash in Hawkes Bay this afternoon 18:57

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd