News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 11:48
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Netflix bosses are said to have been sent on scramble for a new venue to host its star-studded BAFTA after-party for the likes of Timothée Chalamet after a blaze engulfed celebrity hotspot the Chiltern Firehouse in London

    Netflix's plan for a bash at the nightspot this weekend was thrown into chaos when the inferno erupted on Friday (14.02.25) night, with the flames reportedly starting in a pizza oven - forcing the evacuation of more than 100 guests and caused significant damage to the historic venue


    The streaming giant is said to have intended to host its lavish post-awards celebration at the Firehouse, with a guest list expected to include American A-listers such as Timothée, 29, Selena Gomez, 32, and Zoe Saldana, 46.

    Celebrities including Demi Moore and Lily Collins were also due to stay at the Firehouse.

    Netflix had reportedly planned to host a BAFTAs afterparty at the Firehouse on Sunday.

    The venue, beloved by Hollywood celebs when they are in London, has previously entertained the likes of Taylor Swift, Tom Cruise, Madonna, and Leonardo DiCaprio since its opening in 2013.

    In response to the unexpected closure, Netflix is said to have urgently secured The Twenty Two hotel in Mayfair as an alternative venue for its afterparty.

    The Twenty Two, located in Grosvenor Square, is noted for its luxury accommodation.

    Authorities are still probing the cause of the blaze at the Firehouse.

    Its owner André Balazs expressed his gratitude for the swift response of the emergency services to the Friday night blaze, saying: "It is with heartfelt gratitude and appreciation that we watched a remarkable 140 firefighters from over 20 stations rapidly descend on what they told me was a hugely sentimental building for so many of them."

    He added the venue would be closed until further notice.

    The BAFTA Film Awards ceremony is being held at the Royal Festival Hall in London, with this year's nominations are led by the papal thriller 'Conclave', starring Ralph Fiennes, followed closely by the Spanish-language musical 'Emilia Pérez' and the post-war epic 'The Brutalist'.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jimmy Barnes is heading back to New Zealand - to celebrate his landmark album, For the Working Class Man, turning 40 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta's lamenting the often stop-start nature of their Premier League football clash away to Chelsea 11:37

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 11:17

    National:
    ‘Make the platforms safer’: what young people really think about the social media ban 11:17

    Motorsports:
    McLaren team principal Andrea Stella admits a wrong tactical decision cost them success at Formula One's Qatar Grand Prix 11:07

    Law and Order:
    Police have named a man killed in an altercation in New Plymouth last month - as 68-year-old Martin James Mooney 10:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 10:37

    Business:
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study 10:37

    Politics:
    Powers to move homeless people on from city centres, could be confirmed by Christmas 10:27

    Auckland:
    NZ now has a narrow window to stop the Asian yellow-legged hornet – here’s how everyone can help 10:27

    National:
    Trump wants Australian data on migrant crime. This will only scapegoat vulnerable people 10:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd