News | Entertainment
31 Aug 2025 1:17
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Midge Ure has said it is with "great sadness and difficulty" he is postponing upcoming tour dates due to urgent treatment for a health issue discovered during a routine medical check-up

    The 71-year-old Ultravox frontman will go ahead with solo performances scheduled for August but has announced a pause on all shows planned from September onwards, affecting concerts in Australia, New Zealand, the US and Europe


    Midge said: "During a recent routine check-up, doctors discovered a health issue that requires urgent treatment and a period of recovery. It is with great sadness and difficulty I have to reschedule all shows planned from September onwards."

    The Scottish singer and songwriter made the announcement on Wednesday (06.08.25), adding while he is "truly sorry" for the disruption to fans' plans, he remains "fully committed" to performing the remaining shows this month.

    He said: "I know many of you travel great distances, often across borders to attend the shows, and I never take that support for granted. I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this causes to your plans.

    "I remain fully committed to performing all shows scheduled for this month and I'm looking forward to being out there with you for as long as I'm able."

    Midge reassured fans that his A Man of Two Worlds tour, currently scheduled for May and June next year, is still "very much going ahead".

    He said: "I'm aiming to be back on the road again as soon as possible. My team and I are working closely with promoters to reschedule affected dates. I kindly ask you respect the privacy of myself and my family during this difficult time."

    Midge rose to prominence in the early 1980s as frontman of Ultravox and later as co-founder of Band Aid alongside Bob Geldof.

    He co-wrote the charity single Do They Know It's Christmas?, released in 1984 to raise funds for famine relief in Ethiopia, and performed at Live Aid the following year.

    Earlier in 2025, Midge reunited with Bob for a 40th anniversary commemoration of the Band Aid initiative. His best-known song, Vienna, released in 1981, famously reached No 2 in the UK charts and was kept off the top spot by Shaddap You Face, a novelty single by Joe Dolce.

    Fans are advised to check with local promoters for new dates once they are rescheduled.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Aug: Nick and Vanessa Lachey always try to present a "united" front to their children
     30 Aug: Benedict Cumberbatch refuses to be away from his family for more than two weeks at a time
     30 Aug: Riz Ahmed was hospitalised for "something silent and intense" while filming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
     30 Aug: George Clooney thinks he's been the "recipient of a lot of luck" in his life
     30 Aug: Maren Morris has witnessed fans "healing from [her] healing" following her divorce
     30 Aug: Austin Butler plans to "disappear" after the Caught Stealing press tour
     30 Aug: Sabrina Carpenter's new album is "not for any pearl clutchers"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Canterbury are showing no signs of relinquishing their dominance of the 20-25 men's NPC More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    A Powerball player from Opotiki has won $12.5 million in tonight's Lotto draw 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Three people are seriously injured after a car crashed in the small Waikato town of Karamu, about 7:30 this evening 21:17

    Business:
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions 18:57

    Rugby:
    Canterbury are showing no signs of relinquishing their dominance of the 20-25 men's NPC 18:37

    Business:
    A range of salad products, sold at supermarkets, have been recalled for potentially containing metal filings 18:07

    Tennis:
    To the US tennis Open, where Brit Cameron Norrie's lost his seventh match from seven outings against Novak Djokovic 17:37

    Rugby:
    The Canterbury men's rugby team have maintained their unbeaten run in the NPC 17:27

    International:
    One of the most popular apps in the US is 'fuelling a gender divide', experts warn 17:07

    Rugby:
    South Africa may not have been at their best so far in an up-and-down Rugby Championship but a former Springbok is tipping his old side to get up big-time for the All Blacks 16:57

    Motoring:
    High winds are expected on Auckland's Harbour Bridge through to nine this evening 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd