Jeffrey Epstein's estate has agreed to pay as much as $US35 million ($A49.5m) to resolve a class action lawsuit, according to a court filing.
The lawsuit accused two of the disgraced financier's advisers of aiding and abetting his sex trafficking of young women and teenage girls.
Boies Schiller Flexner, the law firm representing Epstein victims, announced a $US35 million settlement in a brief filed in federal court in Manhattan.
If approved by a judge, the deal would end a 2024 lawsuit against Epstein's former personal lawyer Darren Indyke and former accountant Richard Kahn, who serve as co-executors of his estate.
Epstein's estate had previously set up a restitution fund that paid out $US121 million to victims. The estate also paid an additional $US49 million in settlements to victims.
Neither Mr Indyke nor Mr Kahn "made any admission or concession of misconduct" as part of the settlement made public on Thursday, their lawyer Daniel H. Weiner said in an emailed statement.
"Because they did nothing wrong, the co-executors were prepared to fight the claims against them through to trial," Mr Weiner said.
"... but agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit in order to achieve finality as to any potential claims against the Epstein Estate."
Mr Weiner said the settlement would provide "a confidential avenue for financial relief" for Epstein victims who have not already resolved claims against the estate.
Epstein died in a New York jail in August 2019, his death was ruled a suicide.
In the 2024 lawsuit, lawyers at Boies Schiller Flexner said Mr Indyke and Mr Kahn had helped Epstein create a complex web of corporations and bank accounts that allowed him to hide his abuses and pay victims and recruiters, while leaving the two men "richly compensated" for their work.
The Boies law firm had previously helped secure $365 million in settlements with JPMorgan Chase and Deutsche Bank after accusing the banks of overlooking red flags about Epstein, who had once been a lucrative client.
Reuters