News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 12:57
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The prosecution in A$AP Rocky's case have taken issue with Rihanna bringing their children to court

    The rapper is accused of firing a semi-automatic handgun at his former friend A$AP Relli in an altercation in November 2021 and District Attorney John Lewin has advised the jury in the case not to be swayed by the appearance of his sons being brought in to the courtroom by their mother Rihanna last week


    According to PEOPLE, he told the jury: "This is not something you're allowed to consider. We are all responsible for what we do.

    "I want to make sure that no matter how famous his [partner] is, no matter how cute his kids are, no matter how much they giggle during closing arguments... he needs to be treated like any other person. Because in the end that's what he's entitled to."

    Rihanna and Rocky, both 36 - who have children RZA, two and Riot, 18 months, together - are said to have looked upset during his remarks.

    After a break, the judge addressed the comments from Lewin, saying: "From here on out, there should be no mention of Rihanna being in the courtroom or the babies being in the courtroom."

    Rocky - whose real name is Rakim Mayers - has pled not guilty to two counts of assault with a semiautomatic firearm in connection with the November 2021 incident, when he said to have allegedly assaulted former friend A$AP Relli aka Terell Ephron.

    In court last week, Deputy District Attorney Paul Przelomiec told Judge Mark S. Arnold his office had offered a plea deal with 180 days in county jail if the 'Multiply' hitmaker pleaded guilty to the first count of assault with a semi-automatic firearm.

    The agreement also included three years probation, a seven-year suspended jail term, 480 hours of community service and a 52-week anger management scheme, but with the maximum possible sentence being 24 years in prison if he was found guilty, he planned to push for at least 10 to 12 if the star was found guilty.

    According to Rolling Stone, when asked if he had reviewed the deal with his team, Rocky - who has two sons with partner Rihanna - said: "Yeah, they spoke to me about it detail. I respectfully decline, thank you."

    The judge told him: "You're not going to get any special treatment. Your status as an entertainer, your status as the significant other of Rihanna, that's not going to inure to your benefit, and it's not going to inure to your harm.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fonterra is raising its forecast payout to farmers, following the latest rise in global dairy prices More...



     Today's News

    Rugby League:
    A blow for the Sydney Roosters for their NRL league season-opener away against the New Zealand Warriors on March 6 12:57

    Athletics:
    Pole vaulter Imogen Ayris' continues to leap the highest in her career, this time at an indoor athletics meet in France 11:57

    Law and Order:
    What we know about ex-prince Andrew's arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office 11:57

    Rugby League:
    Super League champions Hull Kingston Rovers have held off the NRL-winning Brisbane Broncos 30-24 in league's World Club Challenge 11:57

    Golf:
    Golfer Ryan Fox is two-under par through seven holes in the opening round at the latest PGA Tour event 11:47

    Politics:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released under investigation after almost 10 hours in custody 11:27

    National:
    Why has Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor been arrested, and what legal protections do the royal family have? 11:17

    Skiing:
    Ally Hickman showed her grit at 2026 Winter Olympics after heavy fall on second run 11:07

    Business:
    Fonterra is raising its forecast payout to farmers, following the latest rise in global dairy prices 10:47

    Business:
    Fonterra's announced an extra dividend for farmers - as it pushes ahead with the sale of its consumer arm 10:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd